The Void Sword is Dracula's "Void" weapons in Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2. The Void Sword is the physical manifestation of Dracula's cold heart sunken in darkness in the form a Sword empowered by the elements of Ice & Wind.
Void SwordEditPain and suffering have tormented Gabriel over the centuries following his transformation into the Prince of Darkness, beating his exhausted mind again and again. As his memories submerged into the waters of oblivion, Dracula abandoned his humanity behind to overcome the pain and suffering, and filled his heart with a cold, dark void. That feeling gave rise to the Void Sword, capable of draining both the nightmares of its owner and the life of everyone that comes in contact with its blade.
Void ProjectionsEditThe formation of the Void Sword caused impurities that penetrated the deep rock of the Castle. These crystal fragments have kept the secret of ice for centuries while driving the Castle residents mad with it's tempting call. He who can control the power held by one of these crystals will be capable of extending the void energy beyond the sword's edge.
After defeating the Forgotten One, Gabriel Belmont renounced his old identity and with it all of his former weapons and powers. after becoming the Prince of Darkness, Gabriel relinquished his Light Magic medallion in favor of his new "Void" magic which manifests at his will in the form of a long sword engulfed by the element of Ice.
Castlevania: Mirror of FateEdit
Dracula used his Void Sword in his battle against his son Trevor, defeating him, to his later horror.
Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 DLC: RevelationsEdit
The sword is stolen by a group of Dungeon Jailers and Dungeon Minions under the command of the Keeper of the Void Sword and have taken it to the Toy Maker's Guest House to keep it out of Dracula's reach. Alucard defeats the Keeper and recovers the blade, using it in conjunction with his own blade to decapitate the Keeper, and then places it in the Bernhard's Wing, in the clutches of the Navigator, of the castle for his father to recover.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2Edit
While roaming the pharmaceutical corporation's factory, Alucard as Trevor brings Dracula into the Bernhard wing in order to get his sword back, although Dracula makes it to the sword in spite of the castle's best efforts and uses it to dispatch the Stone Golem recovering the Primordial Void Gem in the process.
Powers & AbilitiesEditShadow Whip but longer than the Chaos Claws.
After Dracula obtained the Primordial Void Gem from the head of the Stone Golem after his battle with the creature, the gem then endowed the sword with powerful elemental properties. The sword then became a powerful conduit for the elements of ice and wind; Gaining the abilities to create powerful windstorms to draw opponents into range of Dracula's attacks and channeling freezing Void energy to perform various feats from launching small projectiles at opponents from a distance to literally freezing the ground, create shields to protect Dracula from damage, and even summon powerful blizzards that can literally freeze most if not all nearby targets solid; The enemies in turn become much more vulnerable to damage as well as slowly have their health drained overtime.
Dracula can use the power of the Void Sword & merge it with his "Mist" form and Freeze enemies that the mist comes in contact with. overall mastery of the Void Sword allows Dracula to increase its overall strength and to increase the efficiency of it's ice-related powers. Doing so will also changes the visual effects of the attacks (such as increasing the brightness and intensity of the aura that surrounds the sword when it is swung.)
Strategy and Tips Edit
Main Article: Void Sword/Strategy and Tips
|Item Data: Void Sword|
|Image||Name - Game|
|Type / Users||Attributes / Consume||Statistics / Sell||Found||Notes|
|Capable of draining both the nightmares of its owner and the life of everyone that comes in contact with its blade.()|| Weapon|
| Find: Castle Siege (lost), Bernhard's Wing|| Sequence: [Void Power Enable / Disable] (L1 on PS3)|
|Basic Stab Skills|
|Series of quick, direct stabbing attacks executed with the [Void Sword / sword] against a single target.|| Skill (Void Sword, Crissaegrim)|
| First Obtained: Start with when weapon available|| Sequence: [Direct Attack] x5|
|Direct rising cut that can lift up smaller enemies in front of you, allowing additional attacks to be added whilst airborne.|| Skill (Void Sword, Crissaegrim)|
| First Obtained: Start with when weapon available|| Sequence: [Jump] [Direct Attack]|
|Series of direct cutting attacks executd in the air. Linking hits with this combo keeps you suspended in the air to combine them with other moves.|| Skill (Void Sword, Crissaegrim)|
| First Obtained: Start with when weapon available|| Sequence: In the air: [Direct Attack] x 3|
|Advanced Stab Skills|
|Press and hold the [Direct Attack] button to start a sequence of heavy direct attacks. Repeated [Direct Attack] button presses will add further hits to the combo resulting in a Block Breaker. Upgrade: The number of attacks available in the combo is increased with this upgrade.|| Skill (Void Sword, Crissaegrim)|
|Buy: ???|| Sequence: Hold [Direct Attack] [Direct Attack] x 3 (x 4 after upgrade)]]|
|Press and hold the [Direct Attack] button while airborne to use this direct cut as a finisher in any aerial attack sequence. Your sword will smash down on any enemies in front of you as you land. Good for dissipating enemies on the ground and to drag down airborne foes! Upgrade: Hold the [Direct Attack] button longer to perform [an expansive Freezing Blow (Void Sword) / a powerful blow (Crissaegrim)] after landing the Smashing Stab.|| Skill (Void Sword, Crissaegrim)|
|Buy: ???|| Sequence: In the air: Hold [Direct Attack]|
|Press and hold [Block] and [Direct Attack] to spin the Void Sword at high speed, attracting small nearby enemies to line them up. Move the [Move] stick toward them to knock them down with a quick charge movement.|| Skill (Void Sword)|
|Buy: ???|| Sequence: [Block] + Hold [Direct Attack] + [Move]|
| Void Sword: Dive with the Void Sword to generate an explosion capable of elevating enemies from the ground. Useful to buy some time when surrounded.
Crissagrim: Dive with the sword that generates a great explosion capable of elevating nearby enemies. Useful to buy time against a group of adversaries
| Skill (Void Sword, Crissaegrim)|
|Buy: ???|| Sequence: In the air: [Block] + [Direct Attack]|
|Immediately after a Synchronized Block, you can unleash a devastating direct counter attack.|| Skill (Void Sword, Crissaegrim)|
|Buy: ???|| Sequence: After a Synchronized Block: [Direct Attack] x 3 (on ground or in air)|
|While blocking with [Block] use the jump button to leap over and land behind your enemy.|| Skill (Shadow Whip, Void Sword, Dark Gauntlet)|
|Buy: 150 XP|| Sequence: [Block] + [Jump]|
|After leaping over enemies using a Somersault, immediately press [Direct Attack] repeatedly to attack them from behind before they can react. Especially useful against enemies blocking your blows.|| Skill (Void Sword, Crissaegrim)|
|Buy: ???|| Sequence: After a Somersault: [Direct Attack] x 3|
|Basic Cut Skills|
| Void Sword: A linked series of cutting area attacks less powerful than the Combined Stab attacks but useful to restore your health quickly against numerous enemies. |
Crissaegrim: A combined series of area cutting attacks, less powerful than the Combined Stab, but very useful against a large group of enemies.
| Skill (Void Sword, Crissaegrim)|
| First Obtained: Start with when weapon available|| Sequence: [Area Attack] x 4|
|Area rising cut that can lift up all smaller enemies around you, allowing additional attacks to be added whilst airborne.|| Skill (Void Sword, Crissaegrim)|
| First Obtained: Start with when weapon available|| Sequence: [Jump] [Area Attack]|
|Series of cutting attacks executed in the air. Linking hits with this combo keeps you suspended in the air allowing you to combine them with other moves.|| Skill (Void Sword, Crissaegrim)|
| First Obtained: Start with when weapon available|| Sequence: In the air: [Area Attack] x 3|
|Advanced Cut Skills|
|Void Projection Skills|
|With the Void Power activated, the Shadow Daggers become a frozen missile that freezes on impact. Aim with the right stick in the desired direction and release [Secondary Weapon] to fire it. You can move during preparation or cancel the shot by pressing [Use].|| Skill (Secondary Weapon)|
| Sequence: Void Projections selected: [Secondary Weapon]|
|Bat Swarm Skills|
- The Void Sword performs the same function as Light Magic in Lords of Shadow. The sword has a blue color and glow, representing its benevolent nature to its user.
- Although the Void Sword is supposedly dark in nature due to being a weapon of Dracula, in Mirror of Fate, Trevor can only counter the Void Sword using Shadow Magic, suggesting that the Void Sword may be similar to, if not a variation of Light Magic in nature. Additionally, when Dracula summons the weapon in Mirror of Fate, the wings of an angelic statue in the background symbolically frame his form, further alluding to the light based nature of the weapon.
- According to its Travel Book entry, the Void Sword is the personification of Dracula's nihilism and feelings of emptiness.
- The Void Sword is the only weapon of Dracula's that is a separate physical object from Dracula's body, as the Chaos Claws are made of flames and the Shadow Whip comes from his own blood. This allows it to be wielded by individuals other than Dracula, including a Jailer and even Alucard himself.
- Out of all of his primary weapons, The Void Sword seems to be Dracula's most preferred as he is seen utilizing it quite frequently in both cutscenes and in battle. Most notably, he has used the sword to kill Zobek, Raisa Volkova and even the Dark Crystal Demon summoned by Victor Belmont during their battle.
- In Lords of Shadow 2, upon seeing through Carmilla's attempt to pose as Marie, he immediately chose to summon the Void Sword and attempted to attack her with it.
- Also, in Lords of Shadow 2, during both of his first encounters with Raisa and Nergal, Dracula utilizes the Void Sword in both instances, further implying that the sword is his more favored weapon of the three he uses.
- According to the biography of the Navigators, they draw their power from the Void Sword, and therefore serves whoever wields the blade, including Dracula, the blade's keeper, and Alucard however briefly.
- Traditionally, longswords were used with two hands, but Dracula utilizes the Void Sword with a one-handed style.
- The Void Sword seems to conduct electricity when it is used against mechanical enemies such as the Riot Mech.
- The Void Sword may be a reference to the holy sword Claimh Solais which is one of the most powerful weapons wielded by Dracula's reincarnation Soma Cruz in the original Castlevania series.