The Training Hall is a secret location in Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia. It is one of the game's two secret stages, along with the Large Cavern. It is comprised with environmental hazards and obstacles for the most part, that will test Shanoa's ability to avoid or escape from dangerous situations. In this place, Shanoa's skill to use glyphs effectively will be also put to test. While it isn't home of many enemies, the few ones lurking there can be very powerful.
A special hall filled with dangerous traps and obstacles designed to put Shanoa's skills to the test. Most of the rooms have parts of their floors or walls covered with spikes, or have the impending danger of getting oneself burned because of the many flamethrowers stationed nearby. Shanoa must develop new and imaginative ways with her glyphs usage, as well as refining her evading maneuvers.
Throughout the level, Shanoa will also be required heavy usage of the Magnes glyph; sometimes having to time the moment she's sent flying to pass between bodies of flames.
Moving platforms are also frequent in this area, teaching Shanoa the importance of patience, and to wait until the proper opportunity arrives to reach the next section.
Once Shanoa reaches the last hazards room, a series of item boxes with highly valuable contents (High Potions, Gold Ores, Onyxes and Diamonds) can be looted. Along the way down, the Redire glyph can also be absorbed. Near the exit of this stage, a rare item box holds this place's main reward (Super Potion, Super Tonic, Alexandrite or the Robe Decollete). The player may visit this area as many times as they want, in their aim on getting their hands on an Alexandrite or the extremely valuable Robe Decollete.
Overall, this stage emphasizes more in memorization rather than rushing through. Once the player is familiar with all of the rooms' layouts, the whole area can be finished over and over in just a few minutes.
- Usage of the Volaticus glyph is restricted to Shanoa in this place.
- As many of the obstacles present in the Training Hall are Fire based, it's important to be prepared against this element, as well as boosting MND to be protected from elemental attacks.
- It's also heavily recommended to equip the Rapidus Fio glyph, in order to dodge traps, explore dangerous areas quickly, and reach certain areas which were designed to be done by different means.
- Equipping offensive glyphs is not as important, as only a few enemies appear through the whole area, and they're best avoided than fought.
- It's also very important to keep Magnes equipped in one of Shanoa's glyph sleeves, as it will be required in many rooms to reach some platforms.
- If the player is looking for a 100% map completion rate, they must take special care in filling each square of the map and keep checking if they didn't miss a room. It's not rare leaving a few rooms unexplored in this level while dodging the place's many traps, especially those areas where only traps can be found and where the player has no reason to step upon.
An apparel similar to the one recommended below will make traversing this level a bit easier. This is only to give the player an idea on how to finish this level, but the player is encouraged to come up with their own combinations of glyphs and gear which adapt best to their own gameplay styles:
|Vol Macir||Vol Macir||Vol Macir|
- Note: These items and glyphs are probably the ones the player currently has at the moment they unlock the Training Hall on the map. It's recommended to replace them if better versions are available.
|Enemy Data: Training Hall|
|Image||Name - Game|
|Created from bleached dinosaur bones, fossilized in the clay.|| Strong: Ice, Darkness|
Weak: Strike, Flame, Light
Skill Pt: 1
| Tymeo Mountains, Skeleton Cave, Training Hall|
|Holes were drilled in his head to implant psionic powers.|| Strong: Ice, Darkness|
Weak: Strike, Flame, Light
Skill Pt: 1
| Steal: Nitesco|| Underground Labyrinth, Barracks, Forsaken Cloister, Training Hall|
|The only thing more dangerous than a giant hammer is two.|| Strong: Flame|
Weak: Strike, Thunder
Skill Pt: 15
| Drop: Gold Ore (8%)|| Large Cavern, Training Hall|
- The Training Hall may be considered to be similar to the Nation of Fools stage from Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, as many of the obstacles present there also make an appearance here, like flamethrowers, spinning fireballs and large areas covered with spikes.
- Underground Labyrinth - Shanoa must exit the Underground Labyrinth from the secret exit at the bottom of Dracula's Castle, in order to have access to this stage.
- Castlevania Realm - Source for the images.