Simon Belmont is the protagonist of Super Castlevania IV. He is a descendant of the Belmont family of vampire hunters, who are renowned for being locked within a conflict with Dracula for centuries. According to legend, once every hundred years, there's a time when the power of good is weakened, and the corrupted minds of men pray for the resurrection of Dracula. The Belmonts had always defeated Dracula in death duels, banishing him from the living world for another hundred years. However, with each resurrection, Dracula's power keeps growing. One day, the village was shrouded by a dark thunderstorm and a straight stroke of lightning quickly silenced the town. In that very instance, the dark powers have brought back Dracula and along with him, a powerful demon army. Simon armed himself with the whip containing mysterious powers inherited from his ancestors, set out to the demon castle and managed to subdue Dracula.
- Super Castlevania IV is considered to be set in an alternate continuity by Koji Igarashi. 
- Simon's character theme in Super Castlevania IV is called Theme of Simon Belmont.
- According to the All About Akumajō Dracula guide written by Ichiro Tezuka, Simon is a dhampir.
- ↑ Akumajō Dracula instruction manual. Konami. 1991. 3. 4. SHVC-AD.
- ↑ IGA: FC版とX６８０００版ですが、X６８０００版はFC版をベースにアレンジを加えたものになっています。ゲームのアレンジは、その時に応じて、色々と施されるものですので、正直どちらも正統であると思ってよいのではないかと思っています。結論として、ドラキュラと戦い勝つというシナリオで、中間部分の切り抜きが違うと考えてもよいのではないかと考えています。スーパーファミコン版も違いますし…。どうしてもと考えるのであれば、FC版を尊重すべきかと考えます。 Translation: Regarding the Famicom version and the X68000 version, the X68000 version is an arrangement based on the Famicom version. The arrangement of a game is the kind of thing where you add a lot of different things as needed, so honestly speaking, it think they both should be considered legitimate. In conclusion, I think they should be considered as the same scenario of fighting to defeat Dracula, just with a different middle part. The Super Famicom version is different as well... If you simply must have a clear answer, the Famicom version must be given deference.
- ↑ All About Akumajō Dracula. JICC Publishing. 1991. ★ Welcome to the world of vampires: Belmont Clan and the whip.