Shanoa (シャノア?) is an unlockable playable character in Castlevania Judgment. She is unlocked through a Wii-DS connection option from the game Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia for the Nintendo DS, or by beating the True Story Mode with her. Her outfit somewhat resembles that of a nun.
In Judgement, Shanoa is pulled inside the Time Rift while searching for Albus, and returns to keep searching for him after defeating the Time Reaper in the game's Story Mode. Shanoa's primary concern in the Time Rift is finding a way out of it, however she does take the opportunity to test her abilities to determine if she has the power to face Dracula. She gained a measure of confidence in herself through combat with other champions who have defeated Dracula in the past (Grant, Maria, and Simon respectively).
She attacks with a variety of glyphs, such as Secare (sword), Hasta (lance), Arcus (bow), Lapiste (mistakenly identified as Grando), Ignis, Luminatio, Umbra, Dominus Hatred, and Dextro Custos and Sinestro Custos (twin biting Cerberus heads, which is surprising because the Cerberus glyphs are obtained after Shanoa finds Albus).
- Short description: Glyph Master who was deprived of her memory and emotions.
- "Who will I face?" (after being selected)
- "One day man shall look to dawn, without need to fear darkness."
- "Behold my gift--the secret art of Ecclesia."
- "I sense great power within you. I will use it to measure my own."
- "Such passion, I've forgotten what that feels like."
- "Light! Fall like rain!" (when using Dominus Odium)
- "I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night." (an obvious nod to the infamous day-night / night-day quotes from Castlevania II: Simon's Quest)
- "Thank you. It's been... illuminating."
- "That is the power of our Glyphs, the mighty art of Ecclesia."
- "I cannot lose... Combat is my sole reason for living."
- "Surely Dracula is not so easily defeated..." (after defeating Grant Danasty in Story Mode)
- "Could it be I already have the strength to defeat Dracula?" (after defeating Maria Renard in Story Mode)
- "That whip... You're from the lost dynasty of hunters?" (when interacting with Simon Belmont in Story Mode)
- "Your clan completely vanished. That's why we sought out the power to stop Dracula." (when interacting with Simon Belmont in Story Mode)
- "Very well. Let's see if my strength is enough to carry the day." (when interacting with Simon Belmont in Story Mode)
- "I have the strength to challenge Dracula. Now I'm sure of it." (after defeating Simon Belmont in Story Mode)
- "Little girl, are you lost?" and "Why? We’ve no cause to fight." (when greeting Maria Renard in the latter's Story Mode)
- "When I said I could defeat Dracula, it was no idle boast." (after defeating Aeon before proceeding to face the Time Reaper)
- "Darkness, face the dawn!" (when confronting the Time Reaper)
|Warriors of the Light|
|Simon - Maria - Trevor - Sypha - Eric - Shanoa - Grant|
|Warriors of the Night|
|Alucard - Cornell - Carmilla - Golem - Death - Dracula - Aeon|
|Zombie - Merman - Minotaur - Iron Gladiator - Giant Squid - Giant Fish - Time Reaper|
|Abbey Ruins - Alchemy Laboratory - Castle Gate - Cathedral - Clock Tower - Crystal Cavern - Dimensional Rift|
Ghost Ship - Throne Room - Torture Chamber
|Darkness of Fear - Castlevania Judgment Original Soundtrack|
|Ultimate Judge Guidebook|
|Bestiary - Inventory - Timeline - True Story Mode|