Shadow Magic is a form of black magic seen in Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, used by Gabriel Belmont as a form of offensive enhancement skill. When activated, Gabriel's body will be surrounded by a red aura, infusing his weapons with shadow energy and enhancing the damage output of his attacks as well as also unlocking special abilities with specific Sub-Weapons, like the explosive dagger ability unlocked by combining the Silver Dagger with Shadow magic. Although based on what was written on some scrolls, overuse of this can increase the user's bloodlust and bring out the worst in them.
Combat techniques and weapon abilitiesEdit
Combat techniques that require Shadow magic to be activated include the following:
- Explosive Daggers: when throwing Daggers normally or in waves, the daggers are infused with shadow energy that will allow them to explode on impact. (Sub-weapon ability, can be used to activate switches.)
- Flame Claws: Used in combination with the Dark Gauntlet and the Cyclone Boots, the player is able to unleash a range flaming claw attack.
- Ultimate Shadow: When in this mode, Gabriel will be able to perform an extremely high speed charge towards his opponents to attack them with a devastating punch.
- Shoulder Charge:(requires Cyclone Boots) Power up your charge into an attack using shadow energy. (Can be also used to smash weak doors and walls.)
- Shadow Flames: Creates a powerful flaming vortex from your cross. (You'll be rooted to the spot while using this move and you cannot adjust direction mid-stream.)
- Exploding Cross: Smash the cross on the floor to call forth multiple fiery explosions from the earth beneath your enemies feet. The final eruption will release a wide shockwave, damaging nearby enemies.
|Item Data: Shadow Magic|
|Image||Name - Game|
|Type / Users||Attributes / Consume||Statistics / Sell||Found||Notes|
|These medallions are worn only by a select few of the Brotherhood. ()||Gabriel|| Find: Waterfalls of Agharta|
|(Red magical gems that can be inserted into the empty slots of a Shadow Gem Medallion.)||Gabriel|| Find: Chapters 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11|