- "Walk the path that is meant for you without fear... For you are no longer alone..."
- —Saint Germain to Hector
Saint Germain is a mysterious time traveler in Castlevania: Curse of Darkness who seems to have infinite knowledge. He has the ability to shift his position in respect to time.
Saint Germain first appears in Garibaldi Temple. He dresses as a gentleman, complete with elegant top hat, and speaks quickly in a polite British accent. He implores Hector not to pursue Isaac. He is later revealed as an enemy of Zead, as the priest has a violent tussle with him, while Saint Germain uses his time traveling powers to avoid Zead's blows, and comments he shall continue to return until he surrenders.
Later, he falls into a trap organized by Zead and is holed up, stripped of his power, in the Eneomaos Machine Tower. Although not a true villain, he does fight Hector at one point, although not for evil purposes, rather, only to stop him from going further against Isaac.
Upon his defeat, he acknowledges Hector's power and advises him to follow the path set for him. Before he vanishes in his trademark golden portal, he asks Hector to give Zead his regards. Upon completion of the game, St. Germain appears, addressing the player, and talks briefly about destiny and purpose. He often expresses knowledge of the future, and more often still, his words are somewhat ambiguous, especially in his fight against Zead.
- Now time advance!
- Now time reverse!
- Here we go.
- That's the spirit!
|Enemy Data: Saint Germain|
|Image||Name - Game|
|An oddly dressed, mysterious gentleman possessing nothing but secrets and knowledge.|| Strong: Earth, Light|
Weak: Thunder, Dark
| Steal: Immortal Fragment|| Eneomaos Machine Tower|
|Item Data: Saint Germain|
|Image||Name - Game|
|Type / Users||Attributes / Consume||Statistics / Sell||Found||Notes|
|A piece of eternity itself. Releases endless amounts of energy. Really shouldn't exist to be honest.|| Material|
| Steal: Saint Germain Lv.37|
- Main article: Saint Germain/Pachislot
- Saint Germain is more than likely a reference to the hero of Chelsea Quinn Yarbro's well-known book series. The Saint-Germain Chronicles. Le Comte de Saint-Germain is based off a true historical figure, Comte Rakoczy de Saint-Germain. The historical Saint-Germain lived mostly in London and was an active occultist and composer. His year of birth is not exactly known as to his origin, he came out of nowhere so to speak. He claimed to be centuries old and a son of the Transylvania prince Francis II Rákóczi, among other things. More on him can be found at his Wikipedia page, as there is far too much of it to detail here completely. His self-mythologizing was quite extensive.
- The enigmatic nature of both the literary and the historical Saint-Germains fits their video-game namesake very well, as well as adding an element of intrigue to his relationship with Zead. If Saint Germain too is immortal, and a vampire, then he presents something of an obstacle to Zead's true authority.
- Coincidentally, the union of Romania with Bukovina in 1919 (among other cessions and territorial shifts at the time) was ratified by a document named the Treaty of Saint Germain. Bukovina, tangentially, is one of the significant locations in Bram Stoker's original Dracula novel.
- While St. Germain himself does not appear in Castlevania Judgment, he is alluded to. He appears to be a member of the time traveler Aeon's organization, if not Aeon himself in a different form. Aeon's alternate color scheme matches St. Germain's. It is also possible to unlock a Silk Top Hat and the Angel Continental mustache (which is similar to St. Germain's mustache), which if put on Aeon's alternate costume to wear, it will give him an appearance similar to that of St. Germain's.
- ↑ Japanese magazine Gēmaga Koji Igarashi interview
- Saint Germain at the Castlevania Fan Wiki.