Quests are missions given to the player by NPC. Quests are usually optionnal, but can reward the player with rare items and powerful weapons.
Quests can be very different one from another: sometimes the player will have to find and bring back a special item to the NPC, sometimes the player will have to kill a certain monster, etc.
Castlevania: Portrait of RuinEdit
- Preparations: Buy a Castle Map 1 and Potion from Vincent in the room to the right.
- Supersonic Punch: In the City of Haze, there is a room with dangling meat. Unequip any weapon you may have and punch the meat. The first one you punch off will turn into Ground Meat, the others into hearts.
- Ghosts of the Desert: In the Sandy Grave, there is a room in the upper right area where Ghosts spawn. After killing enough of them, a Great Ghost will appear. Kill it to complete the quest.
- Defender of the Stairs: Defeat 10 Hill Guards, who are in the Great Stairway area of the castle.
- The Spinning Art: This one can be tricky. In a quick motion, go forward, down, back and forward. On the last forward, press Y.
- Art of the Zephyr: Perform the above spinning art three times in the same room as Wind.
- Find the King of the Birds: The king of the birds is the Dodo in the Forgotten City. In the room before you fight the Poison Worm, it randomly walks into the screen, then runs away. Use a quick attack, or freeze time to kill it.
- Overcome the Curse: Leave the room, get cursed by an enemy, then return.
- The Statue's Tear: In the Nation of Fools there is a statue of the Virgin Mary in the lower left corner of the map. If you examine it before gaining access to the quest, Jonathan or Charlotte will remark that it's an unusual place for a statue. After gaining the quest and examining it, the statue will begin to bleed from its eyes.
- The Martial Art: As Jonathan, press up, back, down, forward any Y in a swift motion.
- Holy Appearance: If you're lucky you can complete this before the quest appears. Charlotte must wear three nun items in front of Wind. The Nun's Shoes are in the City of Haze, the Nun's Robes are in a secret room near the entrance to the Nation of Fools, and the Nun's Habit is in plain sight in a room near the entrance to the Sandy Grave.
- Number of Fortune: Just get enough money so that the last three digits of your gold are 777.
- Mental Training 1: Deplete all of your MP, then talk to Wind. You can do this in front of him, just use your skills until they waste your MP.
- Mental Training 2: Find the Thick Glasses in the City of Haze. It is in a room that requires the Owl or Toad Morph spell to fully explore.
- The Spear of Legend: Master the Javelin by using it to beat enemies.
- Mental Training 3: Have either Jonathan or Charlotte get their INT above 100. This is easier with Charlotte, who naturally has higher INT than Jonathan. Equip as many INT-boosting items as she can wear, then use the INT spell to add another 30 points.
- Nest of Evil: Complete 888% of the game. By the time you reach this quest, you should have more than 888%, unless you took many shortcuts.
- Defeat the Ghoul King: In 13th Street, there is a room with respawning Ghouls. Similar to the above Ghosts of the Desert quest, after killing a few Ghouls, a Ghoul King will appear. Defeat it.
- Abandon Greed: Get rid of all your money. You must have 0 gold, so every cent must be spent. A good way to do this without having a remainder left over is to sell rotten food, which sells for 1 gold apiece.
- A Rank Hunter: Defeat 1500 enemies. The game keeps track of how many enemies you beat, so this should be easy.
- Mental Training 4: Boost your MND to at least 100. Like the above Mental Training 3 quest, it is better to do this with Charlotte.
- S Rank Hunter: Beat 3000 enemies.
- The Gambler: This one can be frustrating because the clue is very vague. You must defeat five certain enemies that drop a playing card, then return to Wind with all five cards. The Joker is held by Killer Clowns in the Nation of Fools, The Diamond is dropped by Coppelias in the Nation of Fools, The Club is held by Treants in the Forest of Doom, Nyx drop the Heart in 13th Street, and Yorick in the Forgotten City drop the Spade.
- Hands of the Clock: Talk to Wind when the clock on your DS is either at midnight or noon.
- Poison vs Poison: Find Moldy Bread, Amanita and a Long Sword. The Moldy Bread is in the Forest of Doom, Moldy Corpses drop Amanitas, and a Long Sword is in the City of Haze.
- Build Your Strength 1: Find a Beehive. In the Forest of Doom, there is a Bee Hive enemy that releases Killer Bees. Destroy the Bee Hive until a beehive (item) drops from it.
- Build Your Strength 2: Either find a New York Steak, or kill a Gorgon until it drops one. Gorgons can be found in Burnt Paradise.
- The Lonely Stage: In the Dark Academy, there is a room with a piano near the second warp room. Wait by the music stand in the room until a ghost appears to play a song on the piano.
- Build Your Strength 3: Very easy, just find five cakes that various enemies may drop. Another way to do this is in a secret room in the City of Haze. There is a counter with various cakes in it and a register and candelier on top. Hit the register so it opens, then break the candelier so a coin will fall into the register. The register will close and, depending on the coin, a cake in the counter will rise for you to take. Three cakes can be taken from a 1, 10 and 100 gold coin, the other two need a Thief Ring to make larger currency drop.
- Pray Before the Cross: There is a cross in a room in 13th Street. It is near the last warp room.
- Build Your Strength 4: Raise your CON to 100 or more. Don't forget to use Charlotte's CON Boost spell, which raises CON by 30.
- Lost Page: In the Nest of Evil there are two books Charlotte can equip, Tome of Arms 1 and Tome of Arms 2. Bring them both to Wind.
- The Hundred Tasks: Very simple, defeat 100 types of enemies, not 100 enemies in total.
- Master the Holy Power: Master the following subweapons, the Bible, Cross and Holy Water.
- Almighty: Find all of Jonathan's subweapons. Some can be bought, most others found throughout the castle, and a few can be found after defeating enemies.
- The Great Sage: Like the quest above, Charlotte must find all of her spells.
- Kill Gergoth: In the Nest of Evil, there is a boss called Gergoth from Dawn of Sorrow. It must be killed by Charlotte using the Blank Book (bought from Vincent). This doesn't mean, however, that only the Blank Book can be used in battle. As long as the last strike is from the book, you can weaken Gergoth with any attack. This is useful since the Blank Book has very little range.
After completing all quests, a Magus Ring will appear in the room to the left of Wind's room.
Castlevania: Order of EcclesiaEdit
Optionnal quests are given to Shanoa by villagers of the Wygol Village, as soon as they're back to the little town. Each villagers propose different quests, but quests from the same villager will always be in the same kind (killing a monster, bringing back an item, etc.) Complete quests allow villagers to talk morewith Shanoa. When every quest has been completed, Nikolai gives Shanoa the Master Ring, telling her she's a saint.
- Nikolai - No quest.
- Jacob - No quest.
- Abram - Bringing back ingredients for potions.
- Laura the Jeweler - Bringing back jewels for jewelry.
- Eugen - Bringing back materials for armors.
- Aeon the Chef - Bringing back ingredients for food.
- Marcel - Taking photos for a newspaper.
- George - Bringing back different items for music.
- Serge - Playing games for items.
- Anna - Bringing back her cat, and then items for her cat.
- Irina - Killing certain enemies.
- Daniela - Bringing back drawings of various places.
- Monica - Bringing back materials for dresses.