- —Press It And See in-game description.
Press It And See is a Fairy-Type Innocent Devil ability in Castlevania: Curse of Darkness. It is an innate ability of the Proboscis Fairy. It activates automatically once the player reaches the place where it's used at. Costs 0 MP upon activation but renders the fairy unconscious after use.
This ability only has one purpose in the entire game, but it doesn't mean it's not an important one. With the Proboscis Fairy summoned and once Hector arrives to a certain room in Aiolon Ruins with a barely visible switch near the top (three rooms after the second Save Room), the fairy will fly toward it and a humorous cutscene will play, where just out of pure curiosity he dares to press it, unknowingly releasing a giant skull bomb which knocks down the whole wall (and himself with it). The I.D. will be rendered unconscious after this event but it won't die and just summoning him again or moving to another room will make him active again.
Destroying this wall gives access to a whole new complex of corridors with three rooms. The following treasures can be found in them:
- Comedian's Chair
- Director's Chair
- Orichalcum (ATK Up for Trevor)
- Megingelos (Potion for Trevor)
- XS Potion (Potion for Trevor)
|Item Data: Press It & See|
|Image||Name - Game|
|Type / Users||Attributes / Consume||Statistics / Sell||Found||Notes|
|???|| Innocent Devil Abilities|
|Consume: 0 Hearts|| First Obtained: Innate ability|| Effect: Reveals a secret area in the Aiolon Ruins.|
Notes: The Proboscis Fairy will be rendered unconscious for a short while after usage.
- The in-game's description for this ability only reads: "???", leaving the player with the task of discovering what it's used for.
- The term "press it and see", is a nod to a phrase the Devil Familiar says in Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, where he also has the ability to press a button out of the player's reach to open a hidden passage: "Hmm... a switch. Why don't I press it and see?".
- The skull bomb the Proboscis Fairy triggers, appears to be a nod to another skull bomb the player can encounter in Stage 4 of Castlevania: Rondo of Blood and which also destroys a big wall to give access to a whole new area of the same level.
- Castlevania: Curse of Darkness FAQ/Walkthrough by Berserker at GameFAQs.com