Parodius is a series of horizontal scrolling shooter games developed by Konami. It is a parody of another popular Konami franchise, Gradius, and is notable for including many Konami-related references, mascots and cameos throughout its titles, sometimes containing Castlevania characters.
In Gokujō Parodius! ~ Kako no Eikō o Motomete ~ (lit. Fantastic Parodius! ~ Pursue the Glory of the Past ~) two Castlevania-related characters appear, Dracula-kun and Kid Dracula. The relation between both of them is unknown, but perhaps Kid Dracula is a younger version of Dracula-kun or his younger brother.
- See also Gokujou Parodius Artwork.
Sexy Parodius was the final title to be released in the Parodius series as a side scrolling shooter, and the fifth game in the series. It was ported to the arcades, Sega Saturn and PlayStation in 1996-1997.
One of the bosses is a giant Medusa. She is the boss of the first 3rd stage (Dracula's Castle), which is only played through if the player fails to collect 300 coins in the previous level. The required objective in this level is to kill 100 mice.
- See also Sexy Parodius Artwork.
- SHMUPS! - Dracula's Castle level page.
- Castlevania Realm
- Sexy Parodius in Wikipedia
- Sexy Parodius in Wikipedia (Japanese)
- Game Faqs
Gokuraku Parodius was one of the last titles in the Parodius series, distributed as a pachislot game in 2010. Trezire de Spirit, a music track from Pachislot Akumajō Dracula, appears in this game, both developed by KPE.
- See also Gokuraku Parodius Select Music Gallery.
- Pachislot - Gokuraku Parodius - Time Paradise - Gameplay with the music of Pachislot Akumajō Dracula.
- Pachislot - Gokuraku Parodius - Select the Music and Play Now! (Part 3) - Select a track from Castlevania, Magical Halloween, Spy Girls and more.
- Trezire de Spirit - Music from the game with a slide show.