|This page is about the Symphony of the Night enemy. For the Lords of Shadow villain, see Commander Olrox.|
|Japanese name||オルロック Orurokku (Orlok)|
|Role||Rules upper part of castle|
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Appearance(s)|| 1797: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night |
2037: Akumajo Dracula: Kabuchi no Tsuisoukyoku novel
|Abilities||Dark magic, Metamorphosis (Symphony of the Night)|
Olrox is a boss from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night that rules the upper part of Dracula's castle. He has two forms: a normal vampire with armor and a giant "reptile".
Olrox is by far one of the tougher bosses the player can face. Most of his attacks in this form are magic based.
Olrox will summon several blue skulls from a dark portal. They follow you around. This is basically similar to Alucard's Tetra Spirit spell, with two differences: one, the skulls can be destroyed, and two, they don't have a life-span — they will follow the player until they hit Alucard or are destroyed. Olrox can also use an all-screen attack that sends energy blasts out of the ground, although there are spaces in between which can be stood in to avoid taking damage. He can teleport, and will use quick purple blasts that are hard to dodge unless the player knows he's going to use them. He has several other attacks.
Of note is that most of his attacks in either form can be dodged easily via the Hellfire spell. This is convenient because it also allows the player to attack him at the same time.
In this form he only has three attacks. Still, this form can be more difficult than the first.
Aside from stomping on Alucard, his attacks consist of a beam that he spews from his mouth, and a barrage of fireballs which can be guarded against. The beam doesn't damage Alucard; instead, it explodes and sets aflame the part of floor it touches, damaging Alucard while also igniting him.
Appearance in Akumajo Dracula: Kabuchi no TsuisoukyokuEdit
Olrox appears as the main villain in the novel Akumajo Dracula: Kabuchi no Tsuisoukyoku. He is the master of the castle found in that novel. He attempts to conquer both the human world and the Forces of Chaos. The members of Graham's Cult, who still believe in Graham Jones' teachings, swear fidelity to him. Death considers him a traitor and attempts to destroy him.
|Enemy Data: Olrox|
|Image||Name - Game|
|Magic-wielding vampire. Rules upper part of castle.|| Strong: Dark|
| Guard: Life Vessel, Echo of Bat|| Olrox's Quarters|
| ''Abil: ???|| HP: 3500|
Exp: +1 level
| Drop: Alucard Mail|
Steal: ~2 gold, 86 silver
| Marble Gallery|
- Olrox's original Japanese name is "Orlok", the vampire from the classic vampire film, Nosferatu.
- There is a item in Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow called Olrox's Suit, which description is "A suit favored by Count Olrox", and in the US version of the game "Armored suit once worn by Olrox". This item hints at Olrox being a force in this era and presages Olrox's appearance in the novel Kabuchi no Tsuisoukyoku two years later.
- There is fan speculation that Olrox is the vampire Gilles de Rais of Legacy of Darkness .
- He has 666 HP, a number commonly associated with the devil or evil.
- A Nosferatu-resembling vampire that appears in a background in the 3rd level of Castlevania Chronicles may be in fact Count Olrox.