Nudity is a recurring element in the Castlevania series. Nudity was often censored outside Japan in the earlier titles. Later games sometimes include it for comedic effect.
List of instances of nudityEdit
- The Snake Sentinal's chest was edited out in the English version, where in the Japanese version it was left intact.
- The statues did not wear tunicas in the original version.
- Medusa's chest is bare.
- The She-Wolf is briefly nude after the player defeats her.
- The Werewolf is briefly nude after the player defeats him (only in original PC Engine version).
- Carmilla is nude and rides on the skull.
- A few enemies, such as the Succubus, are partially nude throughout the game. There is also official artwork of the Succubus depicting her with her breasts fully exposed.
- Several statues throughout the game are partially or completely nude, including a few fully exposed male statues.
- Legion is notably a sphere of completely nude corpses.
- There were no changes in nudity between the versions of the game.
- In a concept art for Sonia Belmont, she is completely naked.
- In the draft clip of opening sequence for Sonia Belmont, she was naked during her resurrection.
- A monster that Gabriel can call upon for assistance has a bare chest.
- The Fairies are nude.