Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This page is about the character from Harmony of Dissonance. For another character in Simon's Quest, see Gypsy.|
He got lost within the castle and decided to just open shop. He'll sell a confused Juste Belmont many armor types for varying prices. Unlike other merchants found in other Metroidvanias, this merchant has a variety of shops throughout the castle and sells different items in each shop. Most of these shops require certain conditions to be met in order for him to be present. The highest priced item that he will sell is the Ceramic Mail for 15,000 gold. This is not as extra-ordinarily high priced as the highest priced items found in some other games' shops.
The Merchant has a variety of shop locations in the castle, each which tend to sell different things. He is not always at a given location though. To ensure that he is there, you should make sure that certain conditions are met when applicable.
- Castle Treasury B Shop - The first shop that is encountered is trapped between some rubble in Castle Treasury of Castle B. Juste can clear this by knocking a giant Gate Guarder armor backwards, which rolls down a hill and crashes through the rubble. The merchant introduces himself to Juste and sells him some basic goods. The second Castle Map can be purchased here, which is the only map that the merchant will sell in the game. A small health boosting potion is available for 80 G as well as status remedying potions, such as the Anti-venom and Uncurse Potion, which are each a mere 20 G each. It is possible for Juste to have up to 9 of any of these use items and these items will be available in any of the later shops. If you prefer an intelligence over a defense boost, Casual Wear can be purchased here for 98 G. Rubber Armor is more expensive and will give you a modest defense boost of +6 for 250 G. If you have a lot of money, Plate Coat will give a double the defense bonus (+12) for 800 G. A Cloth Helmet is available for some modest head protection, while Shin Guards give token protection for your legs.
- Luminous Cavern B Shop - The merchant is only found at the shop in the Luminous Cavern when Juste has an odd number experience level. This shop is similar to the Castle Treasury B shop except it also has a slightly better intelligence-boosting body armor (a T-Shirt, +5 Int and +3 Def for 199 G) and a better head protection item (a Sallet, +7 DEF, 340 G).
- Clock Tower Shop - The shop of the Clock Tower has a variety of useful things in it, but it is only available if you are lucky enough to have found the Noon Star item, which is dropped by a Specter (which can be found in the either Clock Tower or the Simon Wraith (in The Wailing Way and Shrine of the Apostates). It is the same regardless of which Castle you are in. It is the only shop that sells an item which replenishes MP until you reach level 50 and are able to use the Castle Entrance shop (the Mana Prism for 250 G). A better health recovery item High Potion is also available for 200 G. The exceptional Ramail Coat is first available in this shop, which gives a decent intelligence boost of +7 in addition to a high defense boost of +29 for 1,005 G. Pass up on the Cuirass Armor though, since its more expensive (1,200 G) than the Ramail Armor and gives a smaller defensive boost (+22) with no other benefits. The defensive quality of head gear increases significantly with this shop, where the Greek Helm (+9 for 750 G), Piros Helm (+11 for 1,050 G) and Armet (+15 for 1,800 G) are all available. Defense boosting goods are now available in this shop, including a Bangle (+3 for 550) and the rip off Velvet Cloak, which gives the same +3 DEF boost for a whopping 1,350 G (it'd be better just to equip two Bangles).
- Top Floor B Shop - The Top Floor shops requires an even number of hearts to be open. In case you do not possess a Noon Star, you have a chance to get some of the nicer items that were in the Clock Tower Shop are also available here, such as the Ramail Coat, Greek Helm, Piros Helm and Bangle. The exclusive item to this shop is the Nova Ring, which increases the speed of your cross sub-weapon for 8 hearts instead of the normal 5.
- Top Floor A Shop - The Top Floor shop on the other side of the castle also requires an even number of hearts to be open. It also has an exclusive sub-weapon altering item, the Aurora Ring, which increases the width and power of the Sacred Fist sub-weapon for 10 hearts instead of the normal 5. The High Potion from the Clock Tower Shop is also available in this shop and will be in all the later shops. The stronger body armor Heavy Armor (+48 DEF for 2000G), head gear Morion (+19 DEF for 3,000 G) and leg protector Greaves (+12 DEF for 1,700 G) are first available in this shop, in addition to the first available arm guard Bloody Glove (+25 DEF for 2,100 G).
- Treasury A Shop - The shop in the other Treasury is not blocked by anything like the one in Castle B was. A better head gear item Cabacete (+23 DEF for 3,800 G) and better leg guards Silver Boots (+20 for 2,800 G) are first available here. A Magic Necklace is also exclusively available here for a modest Intelligence boost of +5 for 5,000 G.
- Luminous Cavern A Shop - The second Luminous Cavern shop contains the most expensive item and strongest armor in the game, the Ceramic Mail, for 15,000 G for a +90 Defense boost. It also has the Pot Helm, which is only slightly better than the Cabacete at 4,400 G for +24 Def. The rest of the items are available in earlier accessible shops.
- Entrance Shops - The shops at the entrance are only available if you are at level 50 or greater. They are most accessible shops, begin placed next to a save point, warp point and portal. Here you can find all of any of the use items and many strong ones not found elsewhere, including an Elixir which replenishes all you life (800 G), Big Mana Prism which replenishes a lot of MP (250) and the Medicine Jar from the original Castlevania game, which makes you invisible to enemies for a short period of time (10,000 G). The strongest head gear (Platinum Crown, +30 DEF, 9,999 G) and the strongest leggings (Platinum Shoes, +25 DEF, 5,000 G) in the game can only be found in this shop. The Red Silk Hat is perhaps even better than the Platinum Crown in that it gives a Defense boost of 5 in addition to its +25 DEF for 9,800 G. The Infinite Boots allows Juste to jump as many times as he'd like in the air for 1,200 G.
- When pointing to the "Buy" menu option, the merchant says: "Please purchase something from me. You do have money, don't you?"
- When pointing to the "Sell" menu option, the merchant says: "If you show me something of value, I may trade a bit of coin for it."
- When pointing to the "Exit" menu option, the merchant says: "So, you are done with your business with me?"
- If the player exits the Merchant's menu screen and then returns to talk to him, he says: "Oh? Did you forget something?"
- Every time the player first enters the Merchant's room (after the first time), he will say: "So we meet again. I'm glad to see you're all right. What can I do for you?", and then the Merchant menu will appear.
- His fate after the destruction of Dracula's castle is unknown. As is the credibility of his story of being a simple merchant.
- Harmony of Dissonance GameFAQs - Efrem Orizzonte FAQ and Master Chris X3's Game Script.
|Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance|
|Maxim Kischine - Lydie Erlanger - Merchant|
|Death - Dracula Wraith|
|Talos - Giant Bat - Living Armor - Skull Knight - Golem - Minotaur - Devil - Giant Merman - Max Slimer - Peeping Big - Legion (saint) - Shadow - Pazuzu - Minotaur Lv2 - Legion (corpse) - Cyclops|
|Entrance - Marble Corridor - The Wailing Way - Shrine of the Apostates - Room of Illusion - Castle Treasury - Skeleton Cave - Luminous Cavern - Chapel of Dissonance - Sky Walkway - Aqueduct of Dragons - Clock Tower - Castle Top Floor|
|Successor of Fate - Original Soundtrack CD|
|Bradygames guide - Futabasha guide - NTT Pub guide|
|Inventory - Bestiary - Maxim Mode - Voice Translations|