Her primary weapon is a pole containing a caged owl, reminiscent of the ones she used in the Dracula X Chronicles version of Symphony of the Night. She can use an attack bird as a sub-weapon, or, like every other character in the game, use any of the traditional sub-weapons. The owl allows her some degree of flight in the game. Whenever Maria hits someone with the bird cage, small cartoonish figures appear temporarily.
Her finisher has her attempting to use a similar protection spell to the one she used on Richter Belmont in Symphony of the Night (if the player is nearly defeated by Dracula in the game's prologue) which invokes upon the power of the four divine beasts of the four symbols (Genbu, Seiryuu, Suzaku and Byakko), but she trips and the spell is cast on her caged owl, which then dive-bombs on her opponent.
Her theme is Slash.
- On Select Screen: "I'm just the girl for the job!" or "I'll beat the stuffing out of 'em!"
- Short description: A girl with mastery over animals.
- When greeted by Aeon (in Story Mode): "Who are you, mister? What's a time rift?" and "What? I get a present? Okay, I'll take your test!"
- When greeted by Aeon (in True Story Mode): "I wonder if my wish has been granted...", "Mmm, yeah, well, maybe...", "An evil villain? Then I'll help you fight!", and "So you're saying… We fight, and only the winner goes on?"
- In the beginning of battle: "I may be cute as a button, but I'm tough as nails." or "I’ll give it everything I’ve got!"
- During most powerful attack: "This one's special...Come on, everybody!..Give me your strength!"
- After winning an average fight: "Whadja think? Now you believe I’m tough?" or "Did I overdo it? A little bit?"
- After the fight against Alucard: "Somehow he seemed kinda...sad"
- After the fight against Cornell: "Your days of hurting people are over"
- When she sees Carmilla: "Ohmigod! Vampire!", “Even the vampire’s are bigger than mine!” and "No way am I losing to you!"
- To Simon or Trevor: "That's Richter's whip! You...you stole it?"
- To Shanoa (in cutscene): "What?! I'm no little girl! Let's go!" and "Maybe you don’t, but I sure do!"
- After defeating Shanoa in Story Mode: "Just ‘cause you’re hot doesn’t mean you can be rude!"
- After defeating Simon: "To tell the truth, I'm a Belmont too!"
- When she defeats Simon or Trevor after wrongfully accusing them of stealing the whip: "That'll teach you to steal from others!
- When she sees Eric: "Wha-oww" after tripping
- Before fighting the Time Reaper: "Byakko, Suzaku, Genbu, Seiryuu - give me your strength!"
- When seeing Sypha in Story Mode: "Hey! Are you a vampire hunter?", "Uh-huh. They're huge..." and "H-how can you say that?! Those are a sacred gift!"
- After defeating Sypha in Story Mode: "It’s not like I was just gonna let you win!"
- After defeating Carmilla in Story Mode: “Just proves it’s not enough to look good on the outside if you’re rotten on the inside.”
- After defeating Aeon in True Story Mode: “Okay, I’ll take it from here. I’ll do my best!”
- After winning a battle with her owl's help: "Good boy, Osca!" (Osca is her owl)
|Warriors of the Light|
|Simon - Maria - Trevor - Sypha - Eric - Shanoa - Grant|
|Warriors of the Night|
|Alucard - Cornell - Carmilla - Golem - Death - Dracula - Aeon|
|Zombie - Merman - Minotaur - Iron Gladiator - Giant Squid - Giant Fish - Time Reaper|
|Abbey Ruins - Alchemy Laboratory - Castle Gate - Cathedral - Clock Tower - Crystal Cavern - Dimensional Rift|
Ghost Ship - Throne Room - Torture Chamber
|Darkness of Fear - Castlevania Judgment Original Soundtrack|
|Ultimate Judge Guidebook|
|Bestiary - Inventory - Timeline - True Story Mode|