|This article is a stub. You can help the Wiki by .|
The Castlevania: Lords of Shadow trilogy introduces new characters, mechanics and tales, while at the same time keeping various ideas and characters of past Castlevania games. Below is a list of differences and similarities between Mercury Steams' Lords of Shadow and former "traditional" Castlevanias.
- Trevor Belmont
- Simon Belmont
- Victor Belmont
- Rinaldo Gandolfi (makes no physical appearance)
- Dracula is not defeated by a Belmont.
- Dracula is not seen changing into a bat.
- The story is spread over three games.
- The antagonist will not be met until the final battle.
- Dracula, in Mirror of Fate, uses traditional Dracula's fireball attacks.