Her Riding Viper — a small flying craft built with Gradian technology and linked to the mysterious but prevalent "Platonic Power" — is called Stavros (Greek for "cross"). With it, Kokoro is able to use most of the traditional Belmont sub-weapons. These come in the form of Holy Water bottles as her Missile, an Axe as her Double and a Laser beam Cross. She utilizes her Platonic Break "Lightning Sword" when needed; it is a cross-shaped beam that looks to be a modified version of Grand Cross and borrowed from Deltatry in Gradius Gaiden, which is itself represented in her lone Trigon option unit. Besides the aforementioned weapons, she has a dedicated slot for a Beam Whip laser and is also seen fighting on foot using a whip in the opening and ending sequences, but any other weapons she uses while not in her Stavros are unknown.
Kokoro is very focused on upholding her family name and traditions. While fun-loving and friendly in civilian life, once the Bacterians invade she is all business, continuously reminding herself that she needs to protect everyone and live up to her ancestors. She does not even allow herself to be upset when Dark Force destroys the Gradian fleet and her allies are crying or in shock, instead only musing that this must be her destiny. She notes upon entering the castle inside Dark Force's lair that her family has a history with such places, and she is seen entering Dracula's castle in the end-credits epilogue.
- Kokoro is a Belmont by name and blood descent. In the gallery mode of Otomedius Excellent and with the timeline presented,, it is implied her brother could be a younger Julius Belmont, according to Koji Igarashi.[Screen capture needed]
- Kokoro Belmont is the first Otomedius character based on a non-horizontal shooter Konami franchise.
- Kokoro Belmont was designed by Koji Igarashi, known as the producer of the Castlevania series, in collaboration with Mine Yoshizaki. Otomedius Excellent was Igarashi's last work as a producer for Konami before he left the company.
- Kokoro is the first squadron that has a weapon props in the series, followed by Gesshi Hanafuuma.
- Kokoro's DLC BGMs are based from multiple Konami video games, featuring Castlevania, Trigon, A-JAX, and Flak Attack.
- Kokoro's BGM Pack composer, Michiru Yamane, is renowned for working in tons of Castlevania soundtracks and other Konami shooters, like Nemesis 3 and Detana!! TwinBee.
- "Stavros", the name of one of the spaceships Kokoro pilots, is Greek for "cross".
- In the ending credits, Kokoro is facing toward Dracula's Castle in a homage to the cover artwork of the original Castlevania.
- Kokoro's Axe sub-weapon has the most damage per single projectile in Otomedius Excellent.