- "Do not underestimate the power of my bloodline!!"
- —Juste to Dracula Wraith
Juste Belmont (/Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance. He is part of the Belmont Clan and the grandson of Simon Belmont. Juste is considered powerful even amongst his family for his superb magical talent derived from the Belnades Clan./) is the main protagonist of
- "The main character of the story who is a blood descendant of the Belmont clan, renowned for being the fiercest of vampire hunters. The Belmont clan's magical power is partly derived from blood ties to the Fernandez family.
Having abilities considered prodigious even among his family members, he inherited the whip passed down from his forefathers at the young age of sixteen and has inherited the title of Vampire Killer."
- —Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance instruction booklet description.
After Simon's great effort fighting against Count Dracula, the long-hated Belmont family was reconciled with the residents. Simon was regarded as a life-saver, and people started to look upon him as a hero; little by little, the people started to gather around them. A village, therefore, was formed around the Belmonts. Juste would later grew up in this environment with his childhood friends Maxim Kischine and Lydie Erlanger.
Once every century, when Dracula resurrects, the power he has attracts all other monsters and evils, which all resurrect alongside him. It's the calling of the Belmont family to hunt all these monsters and hone their skills, in order to prepare themselves for the fight against Dracula. Hence, Juste was destined to hunt Dracula's remaining forces from 50 years ago.
Maxim returns two years later from a training expedition, wounded and amnesiac, and claims that Lydie, was kidnapped and taken to Dracula's Castle. Juste arrives with the wounded Maxim, but goes alone when Maxim needs to stop and recover. Chased inside by a giant undead knight, Juste has no other choice but to find Lydie with only his trustworthy Vampire Killer and a bracelet that both he and Maxim share.
After journeying through Dracula's castle, Juste learns what truly happened during Maxim's training expedition. Maxim, wishing to prove he was stronger than Juste, had collected Dracula's remains, like Simon Belmont had done 50 years before. However, this plan backfired, and Maxim ended up getting possessed by the dark power of Dracula's remains.
Because of this Maxim ended up developing a second personality - a dark Maxim, through which Dracula's will spoke, and Juste would meet in the Sky Walkway. This evil side of Maxim was the one who kidnapped Lydie and left Maxim with his amnesia so he could lead Juste to the castle. Another result of this divide was that the castle has been split as well: there were two castles, or rather two sides of the same castle, connected by portals. They were named Castle A and Castle B, each representing one side of Maxim's mind, as the castle's creator.
The player's actions and whether or not Juste was wearing both Maxim's and his own bracelets affected Maxim's fate, giving the player access to multiple endings.
- Juste means "righteous" in French.
- Since Dracula Wraith was not the real Dracula, It makes Juste along with Leon the only two playable Belmonts in the series who have not fought with Dracula.
- Juste is the only Belmont to star in a metroidvania-style Castlevania game rather than an old school 2D action platformer or a 3D game.
- Juste Belmont at the Castlevania Fan Wiki.
- Mr. P's Castlevania Realm's Juste Profile
- The Castlevania Dungeon's The Belmonts
- Forbidden Library's Juste Article
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 https://web.archive.org/web/20090402012951/http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=77052
- ↑ Castlevania: Byakuya no Concerto instruction booklet.
|Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance|
|Maxim Kischine - Lydie Erlanger - Merchant|
|Death - Dracula Wraith|
|Talos - Giant Bat - Living Armor - Skull Knight - Golem - Minotaur - Devil - Giant Merman - Max Slimer - Peeping Big - Legion (saint) - Shadow - Pazuzu - Minotaur Lv2 - Legion (corpse) - Cyclops|
|Entrance - Marble Corridor - The Wailing Way - Shrine of the Apostates - Room of Illusion - Castle Treasury - Skeleton Cave - Luminous Cavern - Chapel of Dissonance - Sky Walkway - Aqueduct of Dragons - Clock Tower - Castle Top Floor|
|Successor of Fate - Original Soundtrack CD|
|Bradygames guide - Futabasha guide - NTT Pub guide|
|Inventory - Bestiary - Maxim Mode - Voice Translations|