An Item Crash (originally known as Item Crush, or colloquially as "Super Attack"), unleashes the hidden power of a sub-weapon. These kind of attacks were first introduced in Castlevania: Rondo of Blood, and since then have become a staple in the Castlevania series. Performing an Item Crash costs many more hearts than the normal sub-weapon's attack, but generally unleashes a devastating attack that may be capable of killing all enemies on screen, or diminish a boss' HP greatly.
Game specific informationEdit
- Dagger: Thousand Edge - Richter throws a barrage of knives forward. Very useful against some standing bosses.
- Axe: Richter levitates into the air while axes rotate around him in a circle. The axes then fly out, damaging all enemies on screen. Mostly useless against bosses, but useful against normal enemies.
- Holy Water: Hydro Storm - Richter levitates into the air, and a rain of holy water is summoned all over the screen, dealing damage to enemies and great damage to bosses. The rain will last a few seconds.
- Cross: Grand Cross - Richter levitates into the air, and a Giant Cross is shown in the center of the screen. Then, this Cross will fly from down to up, covering all the screen with its attack, before it vanish.
- Magic Book: Richter throws a circle of bible pages, which continuously spins and goes forward, damaging enemies in front of him.
- Pocket Watch: Richter summons twelve stars, with the same position of the twelve numbers of a clock, damaging all enemies near them. Good, but very expensive in hearts cost.
- Key: Richter levitates into the air, but nothing happens. Don't use it on a moving platform, or you will surely fall down.
- No sub-weapon: Flame Whip - Richter levitates into the air, gaining fire powers into his body, then swings a longer, wider version of his whip, covered with flames. It lasts only for one attack.
- Red Bird: Summon Suzaku - The great bird Suzaku is summoned, picks up Maria and fires a shower of fireballs all over the screen in a similar way to Richter's Hydro Storm.
- Cat: Summon Byakko - A white tiger appears to pick up Maria and run over an enemy on his level, damaging him.
- Dragon: Summon Seiryuu - A big dragon covers about all the screen, dealing big damage to all enemies. However, its Hearts cost is very expensive.
- Tortoise: Summon Genbu - A big turtle will appear from the background, damaging all enemies on the screen.
- Songbook: Twelve musical notes will appear all over the screen and stay there for several seconds, dealing continuous damage to enemies that touch them before disappearing.
- Egg: Maria will drop an egg, which breaks open and a circle of birds emerges from it, with a red bird in the center of them. They will then fly off to one side of the screen, damaging all enemies in their path.
- Key: Maria just jumps, but nothing happens. It is not recommended to use it on a moving platform, as the player will surely fall down.
- Knife: Thousand Edge - Richter throws knives forward in a continuous motion. These knives paralyze enemies upon impact and deal about 10 damage each. You can turn left or right while still throwing, but jumping ends the attack.
- Cross: Holy Cross - Richter accumulates energy, then he levitates into the air, covered with a large light beam, and giant crosses are summoned, from the floor to the air, to revolve around the beam which then spreads out dealing damages to all the screen.
- Agunea: Richter punches the air and lightning spreads out from his fist, damaging all enemies on screen.
- Holy Water: Hydro Storm - Richter points into the air while shouting "HYDRO STORM!" A rain of holy water upon his enemies, dealing high amounts of damage to all enemies on-screen. This storm will move with Richter and dies out after several moments. This can also destroy candles and fake walls.
- Axe: Richter levitates into the air while axes rotate around him in a circle. The axes then fly out, damaging all enemies on screen.
- Bible: The Bible flies into the air and duplicates, like satellites, above and behind Richter. These rotate at a rapid pace forming a symbol in the air, which then blasts a rainbow-colored powerful beam straight ahead.
- Vibhuti: Richter points into the air and, from his finger, a cloudy eruption of white ashes damages anything unfortunate enough to be caught there.
- Stopwatch: Richter summons four clocks that do the same thing as the normal Stopwatch. When they end their countdown, each clock will fire a bolt of lightning straight ahead as they vanish.
- Rebound Stone: Richter points into the air and, from his finger, numerous stones are sent upward, damaging enemies above him. Once about 8 stones are accumulated in the same place, a flash will fill the screen, damaging all enemies.
- No sub-weapon: Flame Whip - Richter swings his arms, accumulating energy into his body and, for about 30 seconds, his Vampire Killer whip is enveloped with flame when he attacks (his body flashes red-orange during this time period). Besides a gain in damage, fire-element is added to his normal attacks.
Maria Renard (Dracula X Chronicles)Edit
- Cardinal: Summon Suzaku
- Dragon: Summon Seiryuu
- Cat: Summon Byakko
- Turtle: Summon Genbu
- No sub-weapon: Guardian Knuckle
- Empty: Nathan leaps into the air and summons 128 stars, each one as strong as a strike from his whip. This is the strongest Item Crash Nathan has. 100 hearts.
- Knife: Nathan shoots 64 spears, an attack which is approximately as strong as 10% (22% in Shooter Mode) of his whip. He can switch his vision while continuing the item crash. During this period, he is invulnerable. 20 hearts.
- Axe: Nathan leaps into the air and throws eight spinning axes, which is as strong as 79% (158% in Shooter Mode) of his whip. 8 hearts.
- Holy Water: For 8.5 seconds, Nathan summons a rain of holy water which damages the enemy by 22% (39% in Shooter Mode) of his damage by whip. The rain hits all enemies approximately once every second. 20 hearts.
- Crucifix: Nathan leaps into the air and casts a pillar of light surrounded by spinning crosses. It damages the enemy at 100% (198% in Shooter Mode) of his damage by whip. 15 hearts.
- Clock: Nathan summons four golden clocks which affect enemies more than a normal clock, and damages the enemy by throwing all clocks after the countdown reaches 0. The damage is as strong as Nathan's whip. 40 hearts.
|Item Data: Item Crash|
|Image||Name - Game|
|Type / Users||Attributes / Consume||Statistics / Sell||Found||Notes|
Richter, Maria (DXC only)
| Sequence: [Crash] (default PS button is triangle)|
Effect: Perform item crash attack with currently equipped Sub-Weapon
|Item Crush attack is unleashed.|| DSS Effect|
|Consume: 4 MP + Hearts|| Create: Pluto Card + Salamander Card|| Sequence: ↓ ←(→) ↑ + Attack|
Effect: Nathan unleashes his current sub-weapon's Item Crush.