Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Goliath has a wide variety of attacks in his arsenal:
- He will swing his arms backward and then punch the ground. Spikes made out of rock will erupt out of the ground. Stay at a far distance, around a whole screen away, to completely avoid it. Inflicts heavy damage.
- Sometimes, he will jump up and slam the ground, causing a giant shockwave to erupt around him. Do not try to retreat and expect to jump over the shockwaves; such tactic is very hard to dodge and inflicts a lot of lightning-based damage. Go under him once he does this.
- He will also punch the ceiling, causing easily destroyable debris to fall and hit the player. Though the debris damage is the least damaging of his arsenal, dodging them is difficult. Upward attacks can be used, as well as the basic Scutum glyph to get rid of them without taking damage, or dodging them if possible. Shanoa may also summon a Zombie (Fidelis Caries) and then crouch: the zombie will break what's falling and the player will not be harmed. Alternatively, the player may cast the Pneuma Glyph Union (Union Pneuma) to destroy all debris around Shanoa.
- Goliath will take long strides to back the player into a corner. Trying to back up while expecting he will stop his momentum must be avoided, because he will not. If the hero is cornered, Goliath will repeatedly punch them, each hit inflicting heavy damage. Given the player's statistics at this point in the game, this move will eventually result in death, unless a great deal of healing items was acquired beforehand. Crouch under his strides to avoid them.
- When he gets around the halfway point, he will crouch down for a while. If Shanoa is standing too close when attacking him, Goliath may grab the character, so they must be careful. Otherwise, after waiting long enough, he will simply do another jump and slam the ground. A skillful player may be able to avoid the attempted grab, leaving Goliath open to attack for a brief moment.
The most effective way to beat him is to throw Axe glyphs (Ascia) repeatedly at medium distance. That way, all of his moves will give the player enough time to predict what moveset he will do, even when he decides to crouch down for a while. It is possible to use the more closer and conservative slash weapons, but the short range can keep the player off guard.
|Item Data: Goliath|
|Image||Name - Game|
|Type / Users||Attributes / Consume||Statistics / Sell||Found||Notes|
|Medal awarded for defeating the titanic soldier, Goliath.|| Item (Boss Medal)|
|Sell: (cannot be sold)|| Drop: Goliath|
Conditions: Defeat Goliath without taking damage.
- Although he resembles the Creature, as do several other monsters in this game, Goliath is obviously meant to be the Biblical Goliath, telling from his "blasphemies" mentioned in his description, as well as his medal calling him a "soldier".
- Goliath's appearance, multi-hit punch, and death pose appear to be a mild reference to Raoh from the Fist of the North Star series.