Although he resembles The Creature, as do several other monsters in this game, Goliath is obviously meant to be the Biblical Goliath, telling from his "blasphemies" mentioned in his description, as well as his medal calling him a "soldier."
Goliath has a wide variety of attacks in his arsenal:
- He will swing his arms backward and then punch the ground. Spikes made out of rock will erupt out of the ground. Stay far distance, around a whole screen away, to completely avoid it. Inflicts a lot of damage.
- Sometimes, he will jump up and slam the ground, causing a giant shockwave to erupt around him. Do not try to retreat and expect to jump over the shockwaves; such tactic is very hard to dodge and inflicts a lot of lightning-based damage. Go under him once he does this.
- He will also punch the ceiling, causing easily destroyable debris to fall and hit the player. Though the debris damage is the least damaging of his arsenal, dodging them is difficult. Upward attacks can be used, as well as the basic Scutum glyph to get rid of them without damage, or dodging them if possible. Shanoa may also summon a Zombie and then duck: the Zombie will break what's falling and the player will not be harmed.
- Goliath will take long strides to back the player into a corner. Trying to back up expecting he'll stop his momentum must be avoided, because he will not, and if the player gets cornered, he will repeatedly punch until all HP is depleted. Crouching under his strides is the way to avoid dealing with this.
- When he gets around the halfway point, he will crouch down for a while. If Shanoa is standing too close when attacking him, Goliath may grab the character, so the player must be careful. He may also do another jump and slam the ground. There is no specific time on what he'll do next, making this position pretty hard to predict.
The most effective way to beat him is to spam Axe glyphs at medium distance. That way, all of his moves give the player enough time to predict what moveset he will do, even when he decides to crouch down for a while. It is possible to use the more closer and conservative slash weapons, but the short range can keep the player off guard.
|Item Data: Goliath|
|Image||Name - Game|
|Type / Users||Attributes / Consume||Statistics / Sell||Found||Notes|
|Medal awarded for defeating the titanic soldier, Goliath.|| Item (Boss Medal)|
|Sell: (cannot be sold)|| Drop: Goliath|
Conditions: Defeat Goliath without taking damage.
- Another reference to the Biblical Goliath is that when he dies, he is shown in a superhero flight pose as light envelops him and he disintegrates into what may be Heaven (if possible).
- Goliath's appearance, multi-hit punch, and death pose also appear to be a mild reference to Raoh from the Fist of the North Star series, in the same way that Zephyr is a reference to Dio Brando from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.