|This page is about the Lament of Innocence secret boss. For the Lords of Shadow antagonist, see Forgotten One (Lords of Shadow).|
The Forgotten One is a monster created by mortal hands, sealed in the Prison of Eternal Torture due to its uncontrollable power and to the fact it nearly ended the world. In order to fight it Leon Belmont had to first obtain the Unlock Jewel found in the Pagoda of the Misty Moon, then go down the stairs across from the warp room. He is the hardest boss in the game as he has three stages of battle (organs, arm, head) with 4800HP each. When destroyed, it yields the Black Orb.
Strangely enough, it is weak against Ice, making the Whip of Ice more effective against it than the Vampire Killer. This could be related to the fact that it spews a fire beam from its mouth.
The Forgotten One's first stage is his lower body and organs. Leon has to attack the Forgotten One's organs to tear them off one by one. Attack 1: An endless supply of maggots will drop off of the Forgotten One's body, landing on the platform with Leon. If Leon is close to the Maggots, they will arc back before lunging at him. The maggots are capable of inflicting Curse status.
Attack 2: Poison blood drips from the left side, right side, or middle of the organs.
Attack 1: He swipes his hand across the platform, dealing heavy damage. On Hard Mode, he will sweep his arm three times across the platform.
Attack 2: He will hover his hand above the platform and slam his hand down on the platform. Alternatively, he will slam his fist down.
Attack 3: His hand lets out poison blood across the platform. After he finishes releasing blood, he will slam his hand down again.
Attack 1: He releases a roar that shakes the room, causing rocks to crash down from above. Some rocks will remain on the platform while others will disappear.
Attack 2: He sweeps a devastating breath of fire across the stage. The rocks are the only shelter from the attack. Being hit generally results in instant death.
|Enemy Data: Forgotten One|
|Image||Name - Game|
|A man-made monster, eternally sealed away due to an enormous uncontrollable power.|| Strong: Fire, Lightning, Cross|
HP: 4800 x 3
| Prison of Eternal Torture|
- The Forgotten One has the second highest HP amount of any monster in the Castlevania series, with a total of 14400 HP; the only one that exceeds it is Legion/Nuculais, with a total of 15775 HP.
- The Unlock Jewel (the key to the Forgotten One's prison) is hidden away in it's very own tower, guarded by Walter's most powerful monsters, and located near Walter's own throne room. Added to that, the room where the Unlock Jewel is held in is a pitch black, bottomless room, with a mural on a wall showcasing The Forgotten One as a warning to everyone who dares face it.
- The Forgotten One is considered one of the most disturbing bosses within Castlevania.
- The Forgotten One is similar to Beelzebub.
- The description of the maggots that crawl out of The Forgotten One's body reads "Sent to consume Forgotten Ones" which implies that there is more than one of these monsters in existence.
- Many fans often state that the Forgotten One "resembles a skinned Balrog from the Lord of the Rings."
|Sara Trantoul - Rinaldo Gandolfi - Mathias Cronqvist|
|Joachim Armster - Walter Bernhard - Death|
|Elisabetha Cronqvist - Pumpkin|
|Undead Parasite - Succubus - Golem - Medusa|
|Flame Elemental - Frost Elemental - Thunder Elemental - Doppelganger - The Forgotten One|
|Castle Entrance - House of Sacred Remains - Ghostly Theatre - Dark Palace of Waterfalls|
Garden Forgotten by Time - Pagoda of the Misty Moon - Prison of Eternal Torture
|Castlevania: Lament of Innocence Original Soundtrack|
|Futabasha Guide, NTT Pub Guide, Shinkigensha Guide, BradyGames Guide|
|Bestiary - Inventory|