Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Flautist only appears once in the game, behind a breakable wall past a White Dragon in the Underground Aqueduct. He comes out of his hiding spot to play his flute and offer Simon one of four items. He'll magically rotate them above him and the player only needs to jump and whip the one they want. The Flautist won't charge the player for this service in any way.
If none of the items offered is satisfactory, the player can whip the Flautist instead, making him display four new items. This process can be repeated until the player sees something they may have interest in or when they whip the Flautist for the eighth time, moment when he'll finally get fed up and go away, never to be seen again.
The items the Flautist selects after each whip strike are as follows:
- Dagger, Big Heart, Heart, Red Bag
- Axe, Double Shot, Big Heart, Blue Bag
- Boomerang, Holy Water, Cross, White Bag
- Stopwatch, Meat, Invisibility Ointment, Big Heart
- Dagger, Triple Shot, Cross, Heart
- Herb, Holy Water, Big Heart, White Bag
- Holy Water, Boomerang, Stopwatch, Axe
- 4 Hearts
- If the player already possesses one of the items the Flautist would have offered, a Small Heart is offered instead.
- Just beyond meeting with the Flautist, comes an area which involves a rising raft with several Mermen jumping out of the water, and then a boss fight against a Skull Dragon at the top. The player should select the item they want carefully, having this in mind.
- Because of the way the player interacts with the Flautist, he shares many similarities with Vampire Killer's Old Crone, raising the question if they are related in any way. Further reinforcing this theory is that both characters will disappear once they've been struck exactly eight times.
- According to the X68000 floppy disk original data, the Flautist is a male character (じじい Jijii (Old Man)).
|Simon Belmont - Dracula - Flautist|
|Giant Bat - Skull Dragon - Wizard - Medusa - Wolf Woman - Doppelganger - Grim Reaper|
|The Monastary - The Underground Aqueduct - The Courtyard - The Red-Brick Cathedrel|
The Clock Tower - The Floating Corridor - The Torture Chamber - Count Dracula's Tower
|Akumajo Dracula X - MIDI Power 3: Gradius III, Akumajo Dracula - Castlevania Chronicles Original Soundtrack|
|NTT Pub Castlevania Chronicle: Akumajo Dracula X68000 Official Guide|
|Bestiary - Inventory|