Fire is one of the basic elemental attributes found in the Castlevania series, and one of the three main elements. In Symphony of the Night and the games that followed it, fire is strong against Ice element enemies. Many enemies in the castle are weak to fire.
Most living creatures and some undead creatures (e.g.: zombies and skeletons) are weak to fire. Since this makes up a large portion of the castle's inhabitants, fire based weapons are valuable in combat. Enemies that resist fire are fire elemental-based creatures, armored enemies (knights) and magic users. Lasers and energy beams are also fire-attributed.
In Aria of Sorrow, a fire attack is identified by its fire particle if the attack hits the target. If it's an attack to the enemies, the particle will be shown only if the enemies aren't immune to the fire element.
A fun fact is that in Portrait of Ruin, if you kill zombies, wights, ghouls or ghoul kings with fire damage, their flesh will burn and consume, turn into skeletons and continue to attack until killed.
Game Specific InformationEdit
See the following pages for information about the Fire element for specific games:
- Fire Element/Symphony of the Night
- Fire Element/Circle of the Moon
- Fire Element/Harmony of Dissonance
- Fire Element/Aria of Sorrow
- Fire Element/Lament of Innocence
- Fire Element/Dawn of Sorrow
- Fire Element/Curse of Darkness
- Fire Element/Portrait of Ruin
- Fire Element/Order of Ecclesia
- Fire Element/Harmony of Despair
- Explosive Daggers (Lords of Shadow)
- Main article: Fire Element/Enemy Data