Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Dungeons and Prisons are common types of environments within the Castlevania series. In them, people or other creatures captured by Dracula's armies are held prisoners. Cells, cages and torture instruments are common sights in these foul places located deep below the castle. The fate of those unfortunate who ended up there, is to be kept alive to serve as "human cattle" and be devoured by the Dark Lord's pets, or as a reliable source of blood to sustain the vampire population. Other times, people who were abducted from nearby villages are put temporarily in a cell, to be later carried to the castle's arena, where they'll meet their untimely demise at the hands of dreadful creatures for the amusement of the audience; or, in some cases, taken to the laboratories and perform living experiments with them. Yet some other times, prisoners are just thrown into a cage and left there, forgotten, to rot away slowly until the day they die. Rats are usually found lurking through the corridors of these areas, and the idea of prisoners hunting them down to eat may not come as a surprise.
- Castlevania - Castlevania Block 5
- Super Castlevania IV - The Dungeon
- Castlevania Chronicles - The Torture Chamber
- Castlevania: Rondo of Blood - Atop Countless Terrors
- Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (Saturn) - Cursed Prison, Soul Prison
- Castlevania Legends - Legends Hidden Stage
- Castlevania: Lament of Innocence - Prison of Eternal Torture
- Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin - Buried Chamber
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Dark Dungeon
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 - City of the Damned