Born at the moment of Dracula's death in 1999, and infused with supernatural power because of this, Dario is a powerful pyrokinetic (someone who can spontaneously create and control fire). Dario has a brash, combative personality which sets him apart from the other two Dark Lord candidates, the sociopathic Dmitrii Blinov and the protagonist, Soma Cruz. Prior to his encounter with Celia, Dario garnered infamy around the globe as a dangerous criminal and serial arsonist.
When Soma initially defeats Dmitrii Blinov, he then faces Dario later on in the castle. Celia then intervenes after Dario's defeat, teleporting him against his will to continue fighting at another part of the castle. Celia knows that Dario will need to become more powerful if he is to survive another encounter with Soma, so she fuses the fire-demon Aguni to Dario's soul, thereby enhancing Dario's pyrokinetic abilities. Soma confronts Dario, now greatly empowered by his fusion with Aguni, in a large, mirrored room. One of the game's alternate endings is achieved if Soma simply fights Dario and binds his Dark Lord powers directly with a magic seal, which makes him lose control of Aguni, who then takes his life on the spot by incinerating him from the inside out. Celia flees the castle because both her candidates are lost. However, Soma can use the soul of the monster Paranoia to enter the room's mirror realm and battle Aguni itself; once defeated, Dario's link to his enhanced power is severed and with it his Dark Lord powers. Dario flees the castle while Soma continues his quest to confront Celia. It is unknown what became of Dario afterward.
Powers and abilitiesEdit
- Pyrokinesis: Dario has the ability to create and manipulate fire, as a result of being born at the exact moment of Dracula's demise. It was latter enhanced after having his soul fused with the demon Aguni.
- Teleportation: As a result of his pyrokinetic abilities, Dario is able to teleport, mainly by dematerializing his own body into flames, allowing him to rematerialize in any location he wishes.
- It is implied by Soma that Dario's pyrokinetic abilities did not originate from being born on the exact same time in which Dracula died, as when Aguni was defeated and absorbed by Soma, Dario asked what happened to his ability, to which Soma states that he took care of the demon fused with his soul "and his abilities with it" (implying that now Dario can't even use his fire abilities).
- This theory is disproved by the incomplete ending, where Soma defeats and places a seal on Dario's Dark Lord powers, which prevented him from controlling Aguni who was still active inside of him, resulting in the death of Dario as he was engulfed in Aguni's flames. This leads to the belief that the reason why Dario lost the power of fire when Aguni was defeated was because Aguni was still fused on to Dario's dark lord powers, and destroying Aguni was in itself also the act of destroying the dark lord powers of Dario.
- He's the only candidate to not die (apart from Soma), but only if the player slays Aguni instead of Dario.
- In Julius Mode, he can be fought as a boss. It is possible that Soma re-granted Dario's powers after Soma became the Dark Lord. However, when defeated, he apparently dies. Julius Mode not being canon can also explain Dario's appearance.
|Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow|
|Soma Cruz - Mina Hakuba - Julius Belmont - Yoko Belnades - Genya Arikado (Alucard) - Hammer|
|Celia Fortner - Dario Bossi - Dmitrii Blinov - Soma Cruz (Julius mode)|
|Flying Armor - Balore - Malphas - Puppet Master - Rahab - Gergoth - Zephyr - Bat Company|
Paranoia - Aguni - Abaddon - Death - Menace
|The Lost Village - Wizardry Lab - Garden of Madness - The Dark Chapel - Demon Guest House - Condemned Tower|
Cursed Clock Tower - Subterranean Hell - Silenced Ruins - The Pinnacle - Mine of Judgment - The Abyss
|Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow & Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow Original Soundtrack|
|DoubleJump Books Dawn of Sorrow Official Strategy Guide|
Konami Akumajō Dracula: Sōgetsu no Jūjika Official Guide
|Bestiary - Inventory - Julius Mode - Voice Translations|