- "Jonathan!! Stop treating me like a child! "
- —Charlotte Aulin, in Portrait of Ruin
|Japanese name||シャーロット・オーリン (Shārotto Ōrin)|
|Date of birth||1928 (Allegedly)|
|Date of death|
|Age||16 in 1944|
|Appearance(s)|| 1944: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin|
N/A: Castlevania: Harmony of Despair
|Abilities||Magic Spells, Dual Crush|
|Relatives||Jonathan Morris (childhood friend)|
|Music theme||The Hidden Curse|
Charlotte Aulin is a gifted young mage and a friend of Jonathan Morris since their childhood. Despite being intelligent, Charlotte is a little too confident in her book smarts. She talks a lot and sticks her nose into others' business. Charlotte takes a logical approach to everything so she comes off as unemotional. She has great magic power, and is seen as the potential final weapon in the battle against Count Dracula.
Castlevania: Portrait of RuinEdit
Charlotte is affiliated with the Church and can cast complex magic spells; the girl can even transform herself into animals.
Castlevania: Portrait of RuinEdit
Charlotte's main ability is the ability to use spells. These take time to use, but can be charged for a more powerful effect. Her main attack weapon are Tomes, which summon forth weapons. She has the ability to switch places quickly with her partner Jonathan Morris or fight side-by-side with him.
Castlevania: Harmony of DespairEdit
- Main article: Charlotte Aulin/Harmony of Despair
Charlotte no longer needs to charge her spells in this game. She gains more spells by blocking enemy attacks with her Book of Binding. This book is the only Tome she is able to use in the game, and levels up in strength with each spell she gains, including duplicates.
- According to Koji Igarashi, Charlotte's family is somehow related to the Fernandez Clan.
- She's intelligent but relies heavily on her booksmarts (she once notes that a certain situation is unlike any that she has read about before). A running gag in Portrait of Ruin is Charlotte frequently being referred to as a child, much to her dismay. The only person not to do this was Brauner.
- Charlotte's great magical powers have made her a possible "final weapon" in the fight against Dracula, hinting at a possible involvement in the Demon Castle War in 1999. (She would have been 71 at the time of the war.)
- Charlotte's given name may be taken from Charlotte Mathilda Blake Thornley. Thornley was the mother of Bram Stoker whose novel Dracula plays an integral role in the series timeline.
- ↑ Page 20, the North American manual of Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
- ↑ Page 04, the manual of Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
- ↑ Theme in the DLC Music pack from Harmony of Despair
- ↑ Nintendo Power Issue #204 (June 2006)
- Charlotte Aulin Fan Club on Fanpop
- Charlotte Aulin at Castlevania Fan Wiki
- Konami E3 special site - Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
|Jonathan Morris - Charlotte Aulin - Wind - Vincent Dorin|
|Brauner - Stella - Loretta - Death - Dracula|
|Richter Belmont - Maria Renard - Old Axe Armor|
|Main Game Bosses|
|Dullahan - Behemoth - Keremet - Astarte - Legion - Dagon |
The Creature - Mummy Man - Werewolf - Medusa
|Nest of Evil Bosses|
|Balore - Gergoth - Zephyr - Aguni - Abaddon - Doppelganger|
Fake Trevor, Fake Sypha and Fake Grant
|Entrance - Great Stairway - Buried Chamber - Tower of Death - Master's Keep - Throne Room|
|City of Haze - Nation of Fools - Sandy Grave - Forest of Doom|
13th Street - Burnt Paradise - Forgotten City - Dark Academy - Nest of Evil
|Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin Original Soundtrack|
|BradyGames Portrait of Ruin Official Strategy Guide - Konami Akumajo Dracula: Gallery of Labyrinth Official Guide|
|Bestiary - Inventory - Sisters Mode - Richter Mode - Old Axe Armor Mode|
|Soma Cruz - Alucard - Jonathan Morris - Shanoa - Charlotte Aulin|
Julius Belmont - Yoko Belnades - Richter Belmont - Maria Renard - Simon Belmont - Getsu Fuma
|Gergoth - Puppet Master - Menace - Brauner - Death - Dracula|
|Astarte - Legion - Beelzebub - R. The Count - Ryukotsuki|
|Ch1. Caught in the Cradle of Decay - Ch2. Lord of Unseen Strings - Ch3. The End of Chaos|
Ch4. Esquisse of Violence - Ch5. Song of the Unslakable Blade - Ch6. Come, Sweet Hour of Death
|Ch7. Beauty, Desire, Situation Dire - Ch8. The One Who Is Many - Ch9. Lord of Flies|
Ch10. Origins - Ch11. The Legend of Fuma
|Drone - Hymnus - Corpse's Gate - Purple Eyes - Phantom of Fear - Tanz mit einem Clown - Crimson Blood - Ein Weltherrscher - Tractus - Castlevania: Harmony of Despair Original Soundtrack|
|Bestiary - Inventory - Achievements/Trophies|