Charlotte Aulin is a gifted young witch and a friend of Jonathan Morris since their childhood. Despite being intelligent, Charlotte is a little too confident in her book smarts. She talks a lot and sticks her nose into others' business. Charlotte takes a logical approach to everything so she comes off as unemotional. She has great magic power, and is seen as the potential final weapon in the battle against Count Dracula.
Charlotte's main talent is the ability to use magic spells. These take time to be conjured, although they can be cast quickly for dealing minimal damage or can also be charged for a more powerful effect. Her main melee means of attack are magic tomes, which summon forth weapons. She has the ability to switch places quickly with her partner Jonathan Morris or fight side-by-side with him.
- Main article: Charlotte Aulin/Harmony of Despair
Charlotte no longer needs to charge her spells in this game. She gains more spells by blocking enemy attacks with her Book of Binding. This book is the only Tome she is able to use in the game, and levels up in strength with each spell she gains, including duplicates.
- Well, not bad, huh?
- Vincent, you're scaring me.
- Jonathan!! Stop treating me like a child!
- Oh, Vincent!
- According to IGA, Charlotte's family is somehow related to the Fernandez Clan.
- She's intelligent but relies heavily on her book smarts (she once notes that a certain situation is unlike any that she has read about before). A running gag in Portrait of Ruin is Charlotte frequently being referred to as a child, much to her dismay. The only person not to do this was Brauner.
- Charlotte's great magical powers have made her a possible "final weapon" in the fight against Dracula, hinting at a possible involvement in the Demon Castle War of 1999 (she would have been 71 at that time, though).
- Charlotte's given name may be taken from Charlotte Mathilda Blake Thornley. Thornley was the mother of Bram Stoker whose novel, Dracula, plays an integral role in the series timeline.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin instruction booklet, page 20.
- ↑ Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin instruction booklet, page 4.
- ↑ Theme in the DLC Music pack from Harmony of Despair.
- ↑ Nintendo Power Issue #204 (June 2006).
- Charlotte Aulin Fan Club on Fanpop
- Charlotte Aulin at the Castlevania Fan Wiki
- Konami E3 special site - Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
|Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin|
|Jonathan Morris - Charlotte Aulin - Wind - Vincent Dorin|
|Brauner - Stella - Loretta - Death - Dracula|
|Richter Belmont - Maria Renard - Old Axe Armor|
|Main Game Bosses|
|Dullahan - Behemoth - Keremet - Astarte - Legion - Dagon |
The Creature - Mummy Man - Werewolf - Medusa
|Nest of Evil Bosses|
|Balore - Gergoth - Zephyr - Aguni - Abaddon - Doppelganger|
Fake Trevor, Fake Sypha and Fake Grant
|Entrance - Great Stairway - Buried Chamber - Tower of Death - Master's Keep - The Throne Room|
|City of Haze - Nation of Fools - Sandy Grave - Forest of Doom|
13th Street - Burnt Paradise - Forgotten City - Dark Academy - Nest of Evil
|Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin Original Soundtrack|
|BradyGames Portrait of Ruin Official Strategy Guide - Konami Akumajō Dracula: Gallery of Labyrinth Official Guide|
|Bestiary - Inventory - Sisters Mode - Richter Mode - Old Axe Armor Mode|