Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Chapels (including Cathedrals, Monasteries, Temples and Churches) are common areas within the Castlevania series. The nature of chapels varies, but almost always they are a part of Dracula's Castle. Who and what is worshiped in these areas is debatable, considering that Dracula has renounced God and there's no mention of Satan within the main continuity.
While Dracula's Castle is usually filled with monsters that have an affinity to darkness, enemies within chapels are weak to it, and strong to the Holy attribute. Here, it's common to encounter enemies such as the Amalaric Sniper. Ghostly enemies are also common within these areas, such as Ghost Dancers and Giant Ghosts.
The most common feature of chapel areas are stained-glass windows, which are featured in nearly every appearance of a chapel in the series. In addition, chapels may also feature massive bells, which players can often stand on top of to play a tune, and in late games, jump inside of to collect the Bell item.
Other features typical of chapels are large stairways and long vertical towers.
- Castlevania - Stage 2
- Vampire Killer - Stage 2
- Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse - Warakiya
- Castlevania: Rondo of Blood - An Evil Prayer Summons Darkness
- Castlevania Chronicles - The Red-Brick Cathedral
- Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Royal Chapel
- Castlevania Legends - The Cathedral
- Castlevania (N64) / Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness - Tower of Sorcery
- Castlevania: Circle of the Moon - Chapel Tower
- Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance - Chapel of Dissonance
- Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow - Chapel
- Castlevania: Lament of Innocence - House of Sacred Remains
- Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow - The Dark Chapel
- Castlevania: Curse of Darkness - Garibaldi Temple
- Castlevania: Order of Shadows - Inner Sanctum
- Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia - Ecclesia, Monastery, Oblivion Ridge
- Castlevania: Judgment - Cathedral
- Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth - Stage 4
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 - Cathedral