Cathedrals and Chapels (including Monasteries, Temples, and Churches) are common environments in the Castlevania series. The nature of chapels varies, but almost always they are a part of Dracula's Castle. Who and what is worshiped in these areas is debatable, considering that Dracula has renounced God and there's no mention of Satan within the main continuity.
The most common feature of chapel areas are stained-glass windows, which are featured in nearly every appearance of a chapel in the series. In addition, chapels may also feature massive bells, which players can often stand on top of to play a tune, and in late games, jump inside of to collect the Bell item.
Other features typical of chapels are large stairways and long vertical towers.
While Dracula's Castle is usually filled with monsters that have an affinity to darkness, enemies found in chapels are weak to it and strong to the Holy attribute. Here, it is common to encounter enemies such as the Amalaric Sniper, or ghostly enemies such as Ghost Dancers and Giant Ghosts.
- Castlevania - Stage 2
- Vampire Killer - Stage 2
- Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse - Warakiya
- Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge - Dracula's Castle Part 2
- Castlevania: Rondo of Blood - An Evil Prayer Summons Darkness
- Castlevania Chronicles - The Red-Brick Cathedral
- Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Royal Chapel
- Castlevania Legends - The Cathedral
- Castlevania (N64) / Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness - Tower of Sorcery
- Castlevania: Circle of the Moon - Chapel Tower
- Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance - Chapel of Dissonance
- Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow - Chapel
- Castlevania: Lament of Innocence - House of Sacred Remains
- Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow - The Dark Chapel
- Castlevania: Curse of Darkness - Garibaldi Temple
- Castlevania: Order of Shadows - Inner Sanctum
- Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia - Ecclesia, Monastery, Oblivion Ridge
- Castlevania Judgment - Cathedral
- Castlevania: The Arcade - Stage 2
- Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth - Stage 4
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 - Cathedral