As Gothic is the predominant theme seen throughout the series, it may not come as a surprise seeing these kinds of places appear frequently. From them, Dracula can quickly assemble his most basic forces each time he comes back to life, by reanimating the remains of those buried there and letting them loose to wreak havoc throughout the land, breaking out of their coffins and digging their way out of the earth from these once holy grounds, and serving as a distraction while he organizes more powerful armies in a new attempt to regain his own power.
These armies of the undead are conformed primarily by zombies and skeletons, who quickly raze nearby villages by taking the townspeople off guard while they witness in astonishment their once loved ones now turned into foul creatures craving for human flesh, sowing death and destruction throughout the countryside.
Cemeteries generally can be found near a city or a village. It is not uncommon to see rapacious crows or vengeful spirits inhabiting these places too, although many other creatures may also lurk in them, especially at night.
- Castlevania - Castlevania Block 5
- Castlevania II: Simon's Quest - Camilla Cemetery and Storigoi Graveyard
- Haunted Castle - Graveyard
- Castlevania: The Adventure - Adventure Stage 1
- Castlevania: Rondo of Blood - Release from the Thirst for Blood
- Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance - The Wailing Way, Shrine of the Apostates
- Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow - Underground Cemetery
- Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin - Forest of Doom, Dark Academy
- Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia - Giant's Dwelling
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mausoleum, Titan Graveyard, Fire Cemetery
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate - Cemetery