Castlevania Requiem: Symphony of the Night & Rondo of Blood is a Castlevania compilation package including the games Castlevania: Rondo of Blood and its direct sequel, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. The game was released on October 26, 2018 exclusively on the PlayStation 4 gaming console via the PlayStation Store.
Both games are based on the previously released PSP remake/compilation Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles, presumably via the PlayStation 4's built-in PSP emulator. This means that the versions included within Castlevania Requiem have the updated scripts and new voice acting.
- 4K / 1080p resolution upscaling
- Rendering options
- High resolution backgrounds
- DualShock 4 controller features:
- Analog stick support
- Controller vibration
- Speaker support (a chime will play whenever an item is picked up)
On September 19, 2018, a rating made by the Game Rating Administration Committee (GRAC) of Korea for a product classified as "Castlevania Requiem: Symphony of the Night & Rondo of Blood_PS4" (No. GC-CC-NV-180919-006) was leaked to the public. Shortly afterward, on September 24, an Entertainment Software Rating Board rating was also revealed; the ESRB regulates ratings in the United States and Canada, implying a possible Western release as well.
On September 26, 2018, Konami Europe on its Twitter account confirmed that the game was in production and that it would be released exclusively on the PlayStation 4 gaming console on October 26 of that same year. Later that day, a post from PlayStation's Twitter account confirmed a Western release. In both cases, preorders became available from that day, with an initial price of US $19.99.
The game includes the games Castlevania: Rondo of Blood, originally released only in Japan for the NEC PC Engine Super CD-ROM² and later as both a remake and port in the PSP game Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles, and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, originally released for the Sony PlayStation in 1997.
- None of the Sword Brothers glitches can be performed in this version of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, as it is based on the original The Dracula X Chronicles version of that game.
- The game was announced on September 26, 2018, which marks the 32nd anniversary of the Castlevania series.
- This compilation was planned to be released on October 26, 2018, coinciding with the launching date of Season 2 of the Castlevania animated series.
- Because this bundle uses the PSP versions of Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Castlevania: Rondo of Blood, Sony had the exclusive rights to launch this game only for the PlayStation 4.
- ↑ Castlevania Requiem is based on the PSP version of Symphony of the Night at Push Square
- ↑ GRAC details game rating. (Korean)
- ↑ Castlevania Requiem rating at ESRB.
- ↑ KONAMI Europe confirming the game on its Twitter account.
- ↑ PlayStation's Twitter account confirming a Western release.
- Official product page at Konami.com
- Castlevania Requiem: Symphony of the Night & Rondo of Blood at PlayStation Store