Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge is the second Castlevania game for the Game Boy handheld system. It was published by Konami in Japan on July 12th, 1991, North America in August, 1991, and in Europe on November 26th, 1992.
In 1998, the game was re-released for the classic Game Boy as part of Konami GB Collection, Vol. 3. The compilation featured Super Game Boy utilization and a picture frame. The collection, named Konami GB Collection, Vol. 4, was released in 2000 on the Game Boy Color in Europe, with new color schemes added to each stage of the game.
This game is sometimes referred to as Castlevania: The Adventure II, after the first Castlevania game for the Game Boy, to avoid confusion with the similarly-titled Castlevania II: Simon's Quest. However, that is not the game's official name.
The Belmont hero who thought he had defeated Dracula before and now must defeat his own son.
Christopher's son who was supposed to become the next Vampire Hunter. He was turned into a demon by Dracula.
The main antagonist who utilized Soeliyu's power to revive himself.
Taking a page from the gameplay of Mega Man, Belmont's Revenge allows the player to play any of the game's four stages in any order that they choose. Dracula has four themed castles: air, plant, earth, and crystal, and there is no advantage in picking one stage over another.
This time around, Christopher Belmont can now wield sub-weapons. Unlike console Castlevanias, however, this game only features two sub-weapons: the Axe and the Holy Water (in the Japanese and European versions, the Axe sub-weapon is replaced with the Cross).
- The box art of the North American/European version was created by Tom duBois.
- The version included in the European Konami GB Collection, Vol. 4 features a new localization.
- Akumajo Dracula Best Vol. 2 — Contains the OST for Belmont's Revenge.
- Castlevania: The Adventure — This game is a direct sequel to the first Game Boy game and uses the same engine.
- Castlevania Legends — The next game boy game in the series. Uses the same engine, made by a different team, and is not a chronological sequel.
- Castlevania: Order of Shadows — The game that takes place next after Belmont's Revenge chronologically.
- Akumajō Dracula Best Music Collections BOX — Contains music from this game on Disc 2.
- Nintendo Power Belmont's Revenge Guide — Contains an official guide for this game.
- Belmont's Revenge Bestiary
- Belmont's Revenge Locations
- Belmont's Revenge Script
- Akumajo Dracula Best Vol. 2 — Contains the Belmont's Revenge original soundtrack.
- Belmont's Revenge Inventory
- Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge at the Castlevania Fan Wiki
- Castlevania Realm
- The Castlevania Dungeon
|Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge|
|Christopher Belmont - Soleiyu Belmont - Dracula|
|Angel Mummy - Dark Side - Iron Doll - Kumulo and Nimbler - Bone Dragon - Soleiyu|
|Cloud Castle - Crystal Castle - Rock Castle - Plant Castle|
Dracula's Castle: The Entrance - The Chapel - The Castle Keep
|Akumajo Dracula Best 2|
|Bestiary - Inventory|