Block 2 is the second stage of Castlevania. It consists of several towers that need to be climbed.
It will suddenly attack.
It occasionally fires. (...)
- The Boomerang is hidden in the first candle of this stage. Walk to the end of the platform above the first stairway, break the blocks in the wall to the right. Step inside and a flashing crown will appear under the stairway. Climb down to collect it for 2000 points.
- If you destroy the Black Knight and the Bat in the first room with a single Boomerang, you will be awarded 1000 points.
- Further on ahead, a Black Knight is standing down below. It can be killed easily with Holy Water or an Axe. A Double Shot item can be found if the block on the corner of the platform to the right is destroyed.
- One more Spear Knight stands in front of the door at the end of the stage. The best way to defeat him is with flying weapons.
- Small Medusa heads appear right away. They move in a wave pattern. Try to whip them when in reach. If this fails, avoid getting hit by quickly jumping over them. A Dagger appears in the candle located near the center of the lower floor.
- It is possible to kill three Medusa Heads in the first section with a single Boomerang. Attack the first Medusa Head coming from the left when it swings low, allow the boomerang to continue heading left and destroys the Medusa Head that follows the first one, then jump over the Boomerang as it returns to you and allow it to destroy the Medusa Head that comes from the right. This will reward you 3000 points and can be done repeatedly.
- Soon two blocks will appear that are elevated above the rest. A Treasure Chest comes up from the blocks on the right if stood on them. Collect it for 2000 points.
- After going up the stairs, wait until the incoming Medusa Heads swoop down, then quickly strike them with the whip. After jumping over the first two gaps, make sure to either crouch and whip the incoming Medusa Head, then jump over the gap, or simply jump over it and the gap at the same time. You can bypass a large section of this floor if intentionally hit while jumping off the floor of the third platform by the passing Head. The Pot Roast at the beginning of the next stage may recover any health lost doing this.
- The Pot Roast is hidden in the top-right corner of the section, in the highest step. There is also a Stop Watch in a nearby candle.
- There is a Pot Roast in the block at the very beginning of the stage. Crouch and whip the block to the right.
- To deal with the spikes, move as soon as the spikes start to ascend (don't wait until they are back at the top). Avoid the second trap by simply crouching.
- The Double Shot is hidden in the block at the bottom of the stairs.
- A Dragon Skull Cannon's fireball counts as a separate enemy. A single well times holy water attack can destroy two fireballs and the Dragon Skull Cannon, which will give you 3000 bonus points total.
A good strategy is a continuous attack using the whip or Boomerang. Using the Holy Water in combination with a Double or Triple Shot will stun her. Also, the Stop Watch is effective on Medusa as well.
|Simon Belmont - Dracula|
|Phantom Bat - Queen Medusa - Mummy Man - Frankenstein & Igor - Grim Reaper - Count Dracula - Spirit of Dracula|
|The Castle Entrance - The Chapel - The Castle Ruins|
The Catacombs - The Dungeons - The Clock Tower and the Castle Keep
|Underground - Vampire Killer - Stalker - Wicked Child - Walking on the Edge - Heart of Fire - Out of Time|
Nothing to Lose - Poison Mind - Black Night - Voyager - Akumajo Dracula Best Vol. 1
|Bestiary - Inventory|