- Main article: Castlevania: Order of Shadows/Gallery
Order of Shadows feature a 2D whipping action quite similar to the Metroidvania style of gameplay. Desmond has the whip as the main weapon with other unlockable whips and sub-weapons available throughout the game. He can also level-up by earning experience points. Several boss battles are also present, such as the ones with Medusa and Dracula.
- Once the normal mode is completed, "HARD MODE" and "CLASSIC MUSIC" are made available in the selection screen.
- Main article: Castlevania: Order of Shadows/Press releases
The music for Castlevania: Order of Shadows was composed by Vincent Diamante.
- Resting Again (Intro story)
- Title (Title screen)
- Order of Shadows (Stage 1 intermission)
- Daring Assault (Stage 1 the Mansion)
- The Encounter (Boss theme)
- Stage Clear
- Bloody Tears (Stage 2 Bat's Belfry - low road)
- Dancing the Stairs Away (Stage 2 Bat's Belfry - high road)
- Final Steps (Stage 2 intermission)
- Grounded Search (Stage 3 the Cave)
- Covering (Stage 4 Inner Sanctum)
- Headbutt (Rohan Krause fight)
- Trickle Flow (Rohan Krause defeated)
- Blood Fugue (Stage 5 Dracula's Keep)
- Not Where You Think (Dracula demo)
- Boring Heroes Life (Dracula fight)
- Resting Again (Reprise) (Dracula defeated)
- Blood Fugue (Reprise) (Ending)
- Approach (Credits)
- Player Dies
- Game Over
- A memory card icon based from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night appears as the icon on the bells.
- In Medusa's lair, Simon Belmont's statue which appearance based on his sprite from Haunted Castle.
- Gargoyle statue displayed at atop of Dracula's Tower is almost a half split image based from Alucard's cursed statue sprite.
- Castlevania (mobile) — A cell phone port of the original Castlevania, ported by the same team that created this game.
- Castlevania: Lament of Innocence — Although it takes place long after Lament of Innocence, Order of Shadows is heavily connected to this game. Also, Rinaldo Gandolfi, the ancestor of Giovanni, first appeared in Lament of Innocence.