Candles are found throughout every Castlevania game. They can be destroyed and Hearts, coins or sub-weapons will appear. They represent the unfortunate victims of Death or vampires which had their souls trapped. When the hero puts out a flame, it essentially releases the soul. As a "thank you" for this, they will leave the hero valuable items which they can use on their quest. They function mainly as item holders.
There are also other breakable objects that function in the same manner:
- Lamps: In some titles, various lamps will take the place of candles but their function is no different.
- Candlesticks and Candelabras: Candle holders that stand on a single pole or shaft.
- Chandeliers: Found hanging from ceilings, they will usually fall to the ground when hit.
- Sconces: Little sources of light attached to a wall.
- Torches: Pedestals made from different materials and in a variety of designs holding a recipient with a combustible substance.
- Treasure Chests: In some titles one can find breakable treasure chests. While they usually release a small fortune in coins, they have been known to sometimes release enemies instead, like flea men, rippers, or actually being a Mimic disguised as a treasure chest.
- Items: "The Candle" (sometimes called "Secret Candle") is an item in Vampire Killer that shows the location of breakable bricks, much as Dracula's Eyeball would do in Simon's Quest.
Game specific informationEdit
- Main article: Scary Candle
In this game, three types of enemies will disguise themselves as candles (although they are colored differently) and wait for any unsuspecting adventurers. Each one of them has a chance to drop a unique and valuable item upon death. Once the "candle" has been struck, a humanoid figurine made out of wax will drop to the floor and start to melt. They have a considerable amount of HP, so the player must hurry to finish them off, also choosing which gear to equip, either LCK boosting accessories to make them drop their items or STR enhancing ones to destroy them quickly.
- Scary Candle - Found in the Iron Golem's room in the Machine Tower once the twin Dragon Zombies have been defeated. Has a chance to drop the Uranus Card.
- Trick Candle - Found in the Cerberus' room in the Catacomb once Camilla has been defeated. Has a chance to drop the Pluto Card.
- Mimic Candle - Found in the room inhabited by Skeleton Athletes in the Audience Room once Death has been defeated. Has a chance to drop the Gambler Armband.
|Item Data: Candle|
|Image||Name - Game|
|Type / Users||Attributes / Consume||Statistics / Sell||Found||Notes|