Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Bridges are areas common environments found within Castlevania games. They often serve as connectors between different parts of the castle, or between different locations outside of it. They usually connect a certain area of the castle to the Clock Tower, and in some cases, the clock tower to the Castle Keep or Top Floor.
Most commonly in older games, some bridges collapse when the player moves across them. The penalty for falling with the bridge is usually instant death, although since the release of Symphony of the Night, and subsequent games which adopted similar gameplay mechanics, there is no penalty due to the fact that no damage is taken from falling into pits.
Bridges usually are not counted as their own area, and instead serve as smaller parts of an entire stage. However, in some appearances, the bridge comprises the stage on its entirety.
Bridges are usually suspended above bodies of water, even though in the upper areas of the castle often nothing but an endless pit can be seen below the bridge. These pits or water bodies result in death upon contact in the event that it is possible to fall into them. To serve as an extra hazard, there are usually gaps within the bridge, or the bridge may collapse, in order to send the player plummeting to their doom.
- Castlevania: Clock Tower
- Haunted Castle: Cave, Castle Keep
- Castlevania II: Simon's Quest: East Bridge, South Bridge, West Bridge, North Bridge
- Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse: Causeway of Chaos
- Super Castlevania IV: Castle Keep
- Castlevania: Rondo of Blood: Town Ruins, Lake Bridge, Hidden Docks, Clock Tower
- Castlevania Chronicles: Toy Room, Castle Keep
- Castlevania: Bloodlines: The Castle Proserpina
- Castlevania: Dracula X: Castle Entrance
- Castlevania: Symphony of the Night: Clock Tower
- Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin: Master's Keep
- Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth: Graveyard, Chapel