Brachyura appears in the Lighthouse as Order of Ecclesia's third boss. This fight isn't so much about damaging him as it's about memorizing his attack patterns and getting to the top of the lighthouse, so Shanoa can activate the elevator to kill him.
Brachyura is weak to both Strike and Lightning damage, so equipping two Macir glyphs in one set, and one Macir with a Vol Fulgur in another is advisable. The first set should be used to hit Brachyura rapidly, alternating between the left and right attacks. The second set should be used to perform a Glyph Union whenever his bigger pincer is in front of Shanoa. In addition, summoning a zombie with the Fidelis Caries glyph, and letting him walk all over Brachyura for most of the fight, works very well. The player should be wise in having the Magnes glyph ready in yet another set of their Glyph Sleeve to be able to escape from his acidic bubbles attack.
The objective of each part of this fight is to keep attacking him until he turns red. While his color is green, he will use three different attacks:
- If Shanoa is on the left side of his pincer, he will attempt to punch her.
- If Shanoa is on the right side of his pincer, he will insert it into his smaller pincer, build up energy, and let it go, slamming the back of the larger pincer into the wall.
- When he turns red, he will then use his larger pincer to punch the ceiling of each section of the lighthouse.
- Note: Both colors will also fire acidic bubbles at Shanoa, although they are faster when his color is red.
As Shanoa arrives to the top of the lighthouse, she'll find an elevator which she must ride down to the bottom to crush and finally defeat Brachyura. This is the only way to defeat him since any other sorts of attacks will have no effect once the player has reached this portion of the lighthouse.
When the player unlocks Boss Rush Mode, the Lapiste glyph will make it easier to make Brachyura turn red and force him to punch through the ceiling. The Volaticus glyph will allow the player to get to the top of each section faster, although they'll still have to wait for Brachyura to catch up and destroy the ceiling. If the player wants his Boss Medal in Normal mode, the Arma Machina glyph can be used to avoid damage.
|Item Data: Brachyura|
|Image||Name - Game|
|Type / Users||Attributes / Consume||Statistics / Sell||Found||Notes|
|Medal awarded for defeating the giant enemy crab, Brachyura.|| Item (Boss Medal)|
|Sell: (cannot be sold)|| Drop: Brachyura|
Conditions: Defeat Brachyura without taking damage.
- The existence of the game Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia was first leaked when a user posted an image of Brachyura (dubbing it as "Blackula").
- Brachyura is one of the few enemies that Shanoa actually speaks to. When she's about to deliver the coup de grace by activating the elevator, she will say: "Go to Hell".
- Crabs are decapod crustaceans of the infraorder Brachyura, which typically have a very short projecting "tail" (abdomen) (Greek: βραχύς / brachys = short, οὐρά / οura = tail), usually entirely hidden under the thorax.
- Brachyura is meant to be a spoof of the "Giant Enemy Crab" meme. This is evident by the medal calling it a "giant enemy crab", and its description saying it hails "from the depths of Transylvanian history".