- "I will take your shadow!"
- —Blackmore at the start of the fight.
When Shanoa encounters him, he will say: "I will take your shadow!", then his own shadow will turn into a demon and start attacking her. His weak point is the shadow he casts, and he's weak against Flame and Light attacks. Melee weapons will not hurt him, so a good option is to equip the Nitesco glyph, which deals both Fire and Light damage.
His attacks are extremely powerful with few spots in which to dodge them, so learning his patterns is very important for surviving the fight. Be aware that he can chain and combine many of his attacks randomly:
- The shadow pulls way back and launches four fireballs from his mouth (one of them offscreen). These fall with a considerable distance between each other. Stay at the corner of the room to avoid.
- The shadow pulls back slightly and launches three fireballs from its mouth, all three falling very close one of each other and landing at the corner of the room. Walk near Blackmore to avoid.
- Swipes the ground with its claw. Jump to avoid.
- Smashes the ground with either one or both of its hands. Stay at the corner of the room to avoid.
- Crouches to ground level and unleashes a powerful beam of Dark energy from its mouth. Stay at the corner and jump to avoid.
Once his health has been reduced to a half, he will say "That was quite entertaining", and his shadow will develop an aura, which makes him faster and harder to avoid. All of his attacks will then be enhanced in one way or another and he will be more prone to chain them together (be aware that he can still use all of his previous attacks too):
- The shadow now unleashes three swipes with its claws consecutively. Jump over the first one, crouch under the second and jump again over the third one.
- Launches four fireballs and immediately follows up with a swipe. Stay at the corner of the room and jump over its swipe.
- Combines launching the three and four fireball sets. Move close to Blackmore to avoid them altogether.
- Smashes the ground with both of its arms and immediately follows up by shooting a Dark energy beam from its mouth. Stay at the corner and jump over the beam.
It's a good idea to equip Onyx Pins before fighting Blackmore, as well as equipment that increases Intelligence (INT). Nitesco is a great glyph to use against him, as Blackmore is weak to Fire and Light, and Nitesco deals damage of both of these attributes. The Venus glyph union (Weapon + Nitesco) can deal heavy damage to him, as it can be used consecutively and only costs 15 Hearts per cast.
Another good glyph to use would be Ignis. It hits three times and can be fired more rapidly than Nitesco. Vol Ignis is another option. It's a slower way of killing Blackmore but it has the advantage that the player never runs out of MP when using it.
|Item Data: Blackmore|
|Image||Name - Game|
|Type / Users||Attributes / Consume||Statistics / Sell||Found||Notes|
|Medal awarded for defeating the devilish Blackmore.|| Item (Boss Medal)|
|Sell: (cannot be sold)|| Drop: Blackmore|
Conditions: Defeat Blackmore without taking damage.
- Blackmore's shadow resembles a Werewolf.
- Blackmore's name may be a reference to Ritchie Blackmore, an English musician, well-known for his work with the band Deep Purple.