- See also: Belnades Family Tree
The Belnades Clan (ヴェルナンデス一族 Verunandesu Ichizoku) bloodline is a clan of mostly magic-users, including witches and magicians. This tradition may have started with Sypha Belnades.
- The name "Belnades" is originally credited as Velnumdes in the 1989 NES game Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse.
- The clan name is also known as Fernandez, perhaps the original intention of the name, since "Belnades" may be a result of the translation.
- The sound of "B" is similar to "V", while in some languages like German, "V" is pronounced as "F".
- Likewise, "S" is pronounced as "Z" in some languages, such as German.
- The sounds of "-el" and "-er" are usually translated into "-エル" (-eru) in Japanese.
- Since Trevor Belmont and Sypha Belnades are referred as a married couple after the events in Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse, it is possible that they had two children: one to continue the Belmont Clan, and the other to continue to Belnades Clan. If this theory is proven to be true, it can be explained why Juste Belmont is descended from both the Belmont and Belnades clans.
- ↑ Nintendo Power Issue #204 (June 2006)
- ↑ The ending sequence of Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse at Castlevania Realm