Arma Machina is a support glyph that turns Shanoa into an automaton. It is dropped by the Automaton ZX27, with a drop rate of five stars. When Shanoa uses this glyph and becomes an automaton, she loses the ability to recover her MP. She also moves slower and her jump height decreases dramatically. The advantages of using this Glyph are the immunity to spikes (if Shanoa touches spikes while using Arma Machina, the spikes will break, so it's possible to destroy whole areas filled with these obstacles) and enemies. If Shanoa comes into contact with an enemy, she won't lose any HP, she'll lose MP instead. If her MP runs out, the transformation will end automatically.
|Item Data: Arma Machina|
|Image||Name - Game|
|Type / Users||Attributes / Consume||Statistics / Sell||Found||Notes|
|Grants every ability of an automaton.|| Back Glyph|
|Consume: 80 MP|| Drop: Automaton ZX27|| Effect: Transforms Shanoa into an automaton.|
Special: Can break spikes upon contact.
- If you go to the Mystery Manor and enter the room where you found the Vol Umbra glyph, you can use Arma Machina to destroy the spiked blocks located there. Once you've destroyed them all, a treasure chest will appear with the Fortune Ring inside.
- As mentioned above, Shanoa's speed will be drastically reduced when using Arma Machina, however, her Back Dash move can be used as an alternative to travel at a faster speed. One would need to face the opposite direction of where one wants to travel, and then start doing continuous Back Dashes (similar to what some players did in Castlevania: Symphony of the Night to travel faster and save some time).
- While jumping will be drastically reduced too, Shanoa will conserve her ability to perform double jumps. This move will make up for the reduced height reach for activating the glyph, at least to a certain degree.
- Arma Machina has a similar effect as the armor called Spike Breaker, which was first introduced to the series in Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.
- The Automaton ZX27 robots stop attacking Shanoa while she takes on this form. Furthermore, a heart appears above their heads upon seeing her. This might be an intended comic effect since robots do not even portray emotions.