|Warning! This article contains spoilers. Proceed at your own risk.|
|The name or term "Alucard" refers to more than one character or idea. For a list of other meanings, see Alucard (disambiguation).|
|Japanese name||アルカード Arukādo (Alucard)|
|Date of birth||1072|
|Date of death||N/A|
|Appearance(s)||Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate|
|Weapon(s)|| Dark Pain|
|Abilities|| Mist and Wolf forms|
Bat summons and form
|Relatives|| Dracula (father)|
Marie Belmont (mother)
Sypha Belmont (wife, as Trevor)
Simon Belmont (son, as Trevor)
- "It seems fate has given me a second chance... father."
- —Alucard confronting Dracula
Before becoming a vampire, Alucard was known as Trevor Belmont.
Mirror of FateEdit
- Main article: Trevor Belmont (Lords of Shadow)
Marie Belmont gave birth to her son Trevor while his father was away on a hunt for the Brotherhood of Light. Knowing the dark fate that awaited her husband, she hid Trevor's birth from Gabriel at the urging of the Brotherhood and Trevor was raised without knowledge of his father's identity. Trevor became one of the most skilled warriors the Brotherhood had ever seen. He married Sypha Belmont and with her had a son, Simon.
When Simon was a young boy, the Brotherhood revealed Trevor's true parentage to him. Distraught, Trevor resolved to kill Dracula for his mother and the honor of his family. Before he left, he gave his son a small piece of mirror his mother had left him. At the end of his quest, Trevor confronted Dracula but was defeated. During his dying moments, Trevor looked into the Mirror of Fate and realized the true nature of Dracula's corruption. He told the vampire that they were opposites. Where he fought his fate even though it was in vain, Dracula had accepted his fate even when he was betrayed at every turn. Trevor claimed that he pitied Dracula and revealed himself as the vampire's son. Confused, Dracula also looked into the Mirror of Fate and realized Trevor spoke the truth. The vampire desperately attempted to revive his son by feeding him his blood. The effort was seemingly in vain and he put his son's body in a coffin. Since he never learned his son's real name, and perhaps remembering what Trevor had said about them being opposites, he carved the name Alucard into the lid.
Alucard eventually awoke thirty years later and after painfully realizing he had been turned into a creature of the night himself, he resolved to confront his father once again and finish the quest he had started. On his journey, he encountered his own son, Simon, now a skilled warrior in his own right, but did not reveal his identity. Alucard and Simon battled Dracula and managed to slay the vampire, who disappeared in a red light. Alucard remarked that this was not the way a vampire dies, hinting that Dracula was not destroyed. He forced his son to give up the mirror fragment he carried, which was a piece of the Mirror of Fate, saying that Simon would be manipulated as long as he possessed it. Due to the horror of what he had become, Alucard did not reveal his true identity to his son and they went their separate ways as Dracula's castle crumbled. Just before the castle started crumbling, he picked up the stake that stabbed Carmilla and broke off from the Combat Cross.
Lords of Shadow 2Edit
At a later time Alucard returns to his father's castle, intent on killing him for everything he had done. Whether he aids the Brotherhood or acts on his own is currently unknown.
Powers & AbilitiesEdit
Alucard is a formidable warrior, having once been amongst the greatest warriors the Brotherhood of Light had ever seen when he was human.
- Vampirism - Alucard's vampirism gives him additional abilities. One example is that he no longer needs to breathe, allowing him to remain underwater indefinitely. By drinking the blood of supernatural creatures, he gains some of their powers.
- Superhuman Strength - Alucard possesses superior strength.
- Superhuman Speed - Alucard is faster than humans.
- Bat Form - Alucard can transform into a bat and fly. He can also summon bats and send them at his foe.
- Mist Form - Alucard can vaporize his body. This form allows him to phase through enemies, regaining some health in the process.
- Wolf Form - Alucard can transform into a bipedal white wolf. This form is slightly stronger than normal, allowing Alucard to open special doors.
|Item Data: Alucard's Weapons|
|Image||Name - Game |
|Type / Users||Attributes / Consume||Statistics / Sell||Found||Notes|
|Alucard's dark and malicious combat chain crafted by the Toy Maker and given to him by the Lost Soul.|| Primary Weapon|
| Special: This weapon also allows the use of the electromagnetic rails to travel to inaccessible sections of the castle.|
|This device makes use of vampire blood to slow down time. It becomes very useful when you want to hit fast moving enemies or to solve puzzles under time pressure. Alucard is not affected by the power of the stopwatch. ()|| Secondary Weapon|
| Find: Toy Maker's Workshop|| Special: The 'Charged' secondary attack will make time move much more slowly than the standard attack.|
|Vampire Bats will fly from Alucard's hand then flock and attack any nearby prey. ()|| Secondary Weapon|
|Consume: 1 Ammo Heart|| Find: Abandoned Mine|| Special: The 'Charged' secondary attack gives the charged bats greater power and ferocity to devestate all enemies in their path.|
|Alucard can vaporize his body, making him less vulnerable to attack. He can use this power to pass through an enemy and absorb their vital energy. ()|| Magic Power (Blood Power)|
| Find: Kitchen|| Special: In this state He can also pass through railings and otherwise impenetrable barriers.|
|Alucard can unleash the Wolf within, which increases attack power against his enemies. ()|| Magic Power (Blood Power)|
| Find: Clock Room|| Special: In this form he can also open some doors which are blocked to any other character.|
- Unlike the Original series canon, in the Lords of Shadow Reboot series Alucard, being the son of Dracula (Gabriel Belmont), is of the Belmont line and a full vampire.
- On December 11th, David Cox confirmed on Twitter that Alucard will wield at least two weapons. In Mirror of Fate he wields a chain weapon called Dark Pain and in Lords of Shadow 2 he will fight with a "special" sword.
- Alucard forges his sword using the stake from the original Combat Cross; likely in an attempt to obtain a weapon capable of killing Dracula "properly". Considering that the original Combat Cross was called "Vampire Killer", it could mean that Alucard's sword could be the "Vampire Killer" for this timeline.
- Interesting enough, the mist form will not work on the Daemon Lord Resurrected, with the reason probably being that electricity being the negating factor (any form of water is a electricity conductor).
- In the original canon, Alucard formed his moniker himself to show his opposition to his father. However, in Mirror of Fate Gabriel turns Trevor in his last moment and seals him in a coffin embedded with his new name without any input from Trevor. It is therefore currently unknown what Gabriel, as Dracula, intended to have this name signify. It is, however, possible that Dracula chose the name for what Trevor had said about them being opposites shortly before being turned. Another possible reason is that, not knowing his name, he took inspiration from discovering his son's identity through the mirror, and reversed his own new name so that his son would not go nameless to him. It should also be noted that, dracula only refers to himself as "dracul" the dragon, whereas "dracula" means "son of the dragon"
- While Alucard's Wolf form in Symphony of the Night was only particularly useful for entering through low spaces, Alucard's wolf form in Mirror of Fate gives him greater combat prowess. The original resembled that of a regular wolf, while this one seems to give him the powers of a full-on werewolf.