Alucard is a character in Captain N: The Game Master. He is loosely based on Alucard from the Castlevania series, in particular from his appearance in Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse. He appeared in the third season's episode "Return to Castlevania" (aired in 1993).
He was voiced by Ian James Corlett.
Appearance and personalityEdit
In the cartoon, Alucard is depicted as a rebellious, music-loving, nineties archetypal teenager wearing sunglasses and with blond hair combed in a big curl on the front. Just like in Dracula's Curse, he wears a cape, out of which he can conjure fireballs.
In "Return to Castlevania", Alucard convinces the N-Team to be their ally and that he will help them in putting a stop to his evil father The Count (another similarity to his Dracula's Curse counterpart). However, it is later revealed that he was actually in league with his father the whole time and turns against them.
In the end, both are defeated by the heroes.
- Although non-canon, this rendition of Alucard is technically the first version to depict him with light-colored hair, as his appearance in Captain N predated Ayami Kojima's redesign of Alucard for Symphony of the Night.
- Captain N: The Game Master
- Simon Belmont (Captain N character)
- The Count (Captain N character)
- ↑ This version of Alucard is based on the Alucard that appeared in Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (and later titles) and assumed to be the same character, who is the product of the union of a vampire and a human. However, no explanation of his origins is given in the Captain N episodes, where he is implied just to be vampire.