Akumajō Special: Boku Dracula-kun (悪魔城すぺしゃる ぼくドラキュラくん? lit. "Demon Castle Special: I'm Kid Dracula") is the original Japanese Famicom version of the Game Boy game Kid Dracula. It is a parody of the Castlevania series as a whole.
The story of Boku Dracula-kun is relatively simple: the self-proclaimed Demon King, Kid Dracula, has awoken from a long sleep, only to discover that the dinosaur Galamoth has challenged him. Swiping his father's cape, it is then up to Kid Dracula himself to set out on an adventure to destroy the monster and retake his throne.
Although not related to the actual Castlevania storyline, Galamoth, the villain of the Boku Dracula-kun series, is responsible for starting the events seen in Castlevania Judgment; this somehow created a connection. According to the Boku Dracula-kun series, Kid Dracula is 10,009 years old. In Castlevania Judgment, Galamoth sends the Time Reaper from 10,000 years in the future.
Cameos in Castlevania canonical gamesEdit
- There are some references to Boku Dracula-kun in Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, as Kid Dracula is a reference to Alucard, the protagonist of that game.
- Galamoth appears as an optional boss in the Floating Catacombs.
- Galamoth also makes a cameo in Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow in which his soul controls time.
- Galamoth is also behind the events of Castlevania Judgment, although he does not appear personally. He sent the Time Reaper to do his bidding.
- Rahab, who resembles the boss of Stage 4, appears as a boss in Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow. His soul gives Soma the ability to walk underwater.
- Elgiza, who resembles the boss of Stage 6, appears as an enemy in Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin.
- Kid Dracula — Game Boy sequel/reimagining of Boku Dracula-kun.
- Kid Dracula (comic) — Short comic packaged with Boku Dracula-kun.
- Konami Famicom Music Memorial Best Vol. 3 — Contains the original soundtrack for this game.
- Akumajō Dracula Best Music Collections BOX — Contains music from this game on CD 2.
- Akumajo Special: Boku Dracula-kun SOUNDTRACKS — Released for CD by EGG Music.
- The background music for the first stage of the game is a whimsical remix of "Beginning", from Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse.
- As it is a parody game, most tropes related to vampires are lampooned or outright disregarded in the game; for instance, one stage involves being in open daylight, with clearly no negative effects for Kid Dracula.
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Kid Dracula. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with the Castlevania Wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|