Akumajō Dracula: The Arcade is a Castlevania game released in Japan for the arcades in October 2nd, 2009.
The gameplay in Akumajō Dracula: The Arcade, being an arcade shoot-em-up, is similar to a rail-shooter. The game is played from a first-person perspective, but except of using guns, players can use the controller to inflict damage with the whip. All the while, the characters' movements are prescribed and directed by the game. The game includes a multiplayer feature, allowing the player to choose between the Vampire Hunter and the Lady Gunner.
Players utilize a special LED whip remote, which has 2 buttons. A top thumb button is used to activate the whip, prompting players to wave the controller in order to damage enemies. A bottom button for the index finger is used to activate Sub-Weapons, such as knives or crosses. Using a sub weapon allow the player to attack distant enemies that main weapon can’t reach. Sub-Weapons are refilled by collecting hearts (up to 25) strewn about each stage in the form of destructible candles and wooden crates. It's possible to exchange the Sub-Weapons which are received at any time by pressing a special red button.
Below the life-meter is a special gauge which, when it reaches MAX, allows the player to perform a powerful attack, which causes massive damage. The gauge automatically refilled if the player does not perform any attacks.
After each level, the game determines how well the player performed and assigns a rank based on different factors. It's also possible for the playable character to level up. Points can then be assigned to specific attributes.
The game utilizes the e-Amusement Pass, which can be used to save progress during gameplay, and unlock a hidden character: Little Witch. Other features include: stage selection for any stage the player has already passed through, automatic entry for internet rankings, and collaboration with Akumajō Dracula: The Medal.
If the player uses the e-Amusement Pass to play through Akumajō Dracula: The Medal under the right conditions, a new item will be unlocked in Castlevania: The Arcade. Using this new item will lower the player's score, however.
If the player uses the e-Amusement Pass to play through Castlevania: The Arcade under the right conditions, the player will receive a new music track during Rush Change in Akumajō Dracula: The Medal.
- Haunted Castle - This is the only other Castlevania game developed as an arcade game.
- Castlevania: The Medal - A slot machine with simulated gambling starring Richter Belmont that has interconnected features with this game.
- GuitarFreaks & DrumMania V6 - A guitar and drum rhythm arcade game with tie-ins to this game.
- THE BishiBashi - A competitive mini-game collection with tie-ins to this game.
- Akumajō Dracula Best Music Collections BOX - Contains music from this game on Disc 17.
- Nico Nico Douga Tags (Japanese, requires registration)
- Nico Nico Douga Video Search for this game
- YouTube Richter8700's Play Movie (Vampire Hunter) 1/5
- Official Page
- Arcade Flyers.com - Contains a UK flyer for this game.
- Gamers Mark
- Silicon Era - Includes gameplay photos.
|Castlevania: The Arcade|
|Vampire Hunter - Lady Gunner - Little Witch|
|Death - White Dragon - Dullahan - Minotaur - Water Dragon - Were Wolf - Harpy|
|Ruins - Palace - Underground Waterway - Ramparts - Clock Tower|
|Akumajō Dracula Best Music Collections BOX|